You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Your opinion on this remark from another poster at another forum

Saikin wrote:

I think that possibility has a zero percent chance of happening.  One huge reason:  GNR don't just let anyone use their music to promote some product, and in this case the song in question is a completly unheard of one, so that takes away all chance of this being true i feel. 

Axl is not going to want the first music that people officially hear (in studio form) off of Chinese Democracy to be a throwaway song.  No chance of it not being on the album either, because a lot of people will assume it is, and if it is just a throwaway song, that will taint the image of CD even more and therefor be even harder to promote. 

Zero chance.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Just echoing everyone else...

I hate to break it to everyone, but Harmonix doesn't need Axl Rose to sell Rock Band 2. Axl Rose needs Harmonix to sell Chinese Democracy.

And thats the end of that chapter..... (Probably in the wrong thread but its all relative)

For me, the more this ridiculous saga continues the more i feel it becomes less relevant. I've spent all day today listening to to Ride The Lightining by Metallica, an album not tarnished by shredders, freaks, 'punks', keyboardists, industrial hacks and a melting pot of incompatable components. Its just the pure essence of a band, 3/4's of which still exists today. I have come to the realisation that a mental crack smoking loon (Adler) encapsulates the spirit of GNR along with a guy (Slash), who , whilst slated almost to death, can play with his eyes closed a stupendously touching  and fucking brilliant 'Sweet Child' with an example of minor talent (Fucking Fergie ferchrissakes) and stlll be light years ahead of a bunch of wankers who want to live off someone elses' glories and play a shite Ep's worth of songs that have no cohesion, structure, or memorability whatsover......We are on a Guns N Roses site are we not? If you think that (Buckethead aside) that the 'band' you are wasting your time on is worth a wank in the wind then step back, put down the bong And go and listen to the following:

Appetite for Destruction
Lies
Use Your Illusion 1 & 2

Go on, do it, lend me your fucking ears and say that the crock of steaming bollocks that you have now represents the band that you have idolised and praised and made you a fan in the first place, the band that makes this site exist. Name any song off any of the above albums and match it with anything of the crap that is presented to you today, BE REALISTIC and laugh your nuts off. IRS? Against Nightrain! Madagascar againts Estranged? Better against You Could Be mine?! Ha, its funny as fuck. Christ, this shite detracts from everything that this band/name/ideal represented in the first place. I'm pissed off with it. HTGTH can cry all they like but a rendition of Sweet Child with a sucker of Satan's cock like Fergie walking all over 'Axl and Friends' that stomps all over the 'New' Band says it all to me. You could  stick Izzy and a Peruvian Pan pipes ensemble for a cover of Pretty Tied Up and see them walk all over the new band without any difficulty whatsoever.

Bolllocks to the lot of it, I'm out of here. I spend 10 years waiting to listen to some steamin pile like If The World and thats supposed to make me fall in love with the name GNR again?!!! They may as well change Michael Bolton's name to Guns N Roses and hope no one notices.

I've enjoyed this site and the great discussions and objective arguments and also the people here, but when i see a guy that left the band 14 years ago destroy a song that he hasnt played since 1993 it all becomes clear to me that no matter if you have Christ himself on guitar but theres no chemistry then its all pointless.

I'll see you at the reunion, or at a Bucket gig (as long as he doesnt play 'GNR') but until then, I'm out of here, I'll check out the MIA thread etc, but as far as Axl and his band of session muppets goes, theyre dead to me.

Take that one to heart.

BTW - I have drunk 12 pints and smoked more weed that Cheech himself. The truth comes out when one is trashed so dont take it personally. Thank you, good fucking night.

Furthermore, Shackler's revenge? Rockband 2? Says it all doesnt it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we'll miss ya...and you know where we are if you change your mind... wink

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

we'll miss ya...and you know where we are if you change your mind... wink

I'm sure your being sarcastic! But I love this site and its members, but I've just had enough. I'll frequent the off topic parts but no more than that. Instead I may just start a personal crusade against the HTGTH site. 16

Cheers

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, I for one would stick The Blues in place of So Fine on UYI II and not feel bad about it at all. Glad you could vent Locomotive98. You're named after one of my favorite GNR tunes.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, I for one would stick The Blues in place of So Fine on UYI II and not feel bad about it at all.

That says it all.  I would also take Better or TWAT over My World.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, I for one would stick The Blues in place of So Fine on UYI II and not feel bad about it at all. Glad you could vent Locomotive98. You're named after one of my favorite GNR tunes.

Agreed.

Locomotive is one hell of a song.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, I for one would stick The Blues in place of So Fine on UYI II and not feel bad about it at all.

I'd take Frank farting on a snare drum over My World.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

i wonder what that would sound like 16 i bet it would be funny though 14

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

i wonder what that would sound like 16 i bet it would be funny though 14

I can't take credit for it.  I ripped the line off the movie "Airheads"

That's not even the best line from that movie:

Chazz: Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?
Chris Moore: Lemmy.
[Rex imitates a game show buzzer]
Chris Moore: ... God?
Rex: Wrong, dickhead, trick question. Lemmy *IS* God.

Board footer