You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Re: Your opinion on this remark from another poster at another forum

Locomotive98 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Locomotive98, first off I'd like to commend you on your grammar, spelling, and the like.  You did an amazing job with that post considering you had drank and smoked so much.

And echoing James, the frustration is understandable, it's nothing new.  I think we all have our moments where we throw up our hands and say "I give up".  But most of us don't really mean it.  We're like the battered girlfriend who keeps coming back to get beatdown over and over again.

I'm frustrated that it's taken this long.  I mean it is ridiculous when you really stop and think.  But I love the new material and can't wait till it's released.  But as Tom Petty says, "the waiting is the hardest part".

Cheers, that comes from being an aspiring (but lazy) writer, however most of what I write doesnt usually include so many expletives and so much vitriol! Considering I couldnt even really see my screen I'm surprised I managed to write anything at all 16

I feel better today though having vented my spleen and having given the leaks another spin. I still think that theyre pretty poor with the exception of TWAT. If Axl N Friends can pull off an album of songs as good as that then my stance will be reversed. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I've always thought the new material stands somewhere in the middle of the UYI material. The best of the UYI albums is better than the CD songs but most of the CD songs are better than the worst 7-8 tracks on UYI. If you were to make one best of UYI album ie the best 13-15 tracks on UYI, a couple of the CD tracks would get on imo but probably only 2/3 of them (I appreciate CD songs are not UYI tracks but I'm talking purely in terms of comparing quality).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't think these guys are fans to be honest bri.

I think they feel a passion in the music they've performed, and feel a duty to bridge the old fans, but none of these guys I think were massive fans of the original band, Bucket included.

Thats pretty much an established fact. What makes it mildly amusing is they are forced to live in the past, which makes Axl selection process(seeking out non GNR fans) really bizarre.

Axl: You're an amazing guitarist. Glad to have you onboard. You didn't like AFD? Oh well, you're gonna be playing it for 10 years.

Never made any sense.

Which is why I think they had plans to shake it up in 2006-07, and it never came to fruition, probably because of Axl. The leaked setlist showed several new songs potentially for performing (which means they were rehearsed), as well as Perfect Crime & Down On The Farm ( 10 ). Eventually Axl started finally performing vocals on Don't Cry, which he should've done from the beginning. Although I do understand from a past interview, he didn't want to perform that song again out of respect to Shannon Hoon's memory.

I'm just thinking that if Axl were to let the guys in the band go, and pick whatever they want from GNR's catalog to perform, the setlist might actually be more UYI-heavy than AFD.

Hopefully when the album(s) come out and they start touring again, 50% will be a mix of AFD, Lies & UYI, and the other 50% nothing but CD.

A Private Eye wrote:

I've always thought the new material stands somewhere in the middle of the UYI material. The best of the UYI albums is better than the CD songs but most of the CD songs are better than the worst 7-8 tracks on UYI. If you were to make one best of UYI album ie the best 13-15 tracks on UYI, a couple of the CD tracks would get on imo but probably only 2/3 of them (I appreciate CD songs are not UYI tracks but I'm talking purely in terms of comparing quality).

*talks in a low whisper*

I think TWAT, song #2 & If The World are some of the best music i've ever heard under the name Guns N' Roses.

Board footer