You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Dizzy tells fan: "Robin still in the band"

DCK wrote:

Me neither.  If you're in demand and you have the time, do whatever you want.  None of us would turn down a job that will supplement our income if we have the time and means to do it.  Sure, we may turn something down if it's morally wrong or if we aren't qualified, but if they treat us with respect and pay us well we're going to do whatever they want us to do.  Same goes for musicians...

Absolutely.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm just being a joker, I don't care who he plays for. Although you can bet your ass if it were Axl we'd be all over him like stink on shit.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

Something I should point out....

The fan now says that Dizzy told him it 'in person'.  Did HNB/whoever play any shows recently?

Not doubting it necessarily (though the source is CD.com): just need to verify.:)

Edit: The guy says it was at a HN'B show, about 'a week or two after it was revealed that Robin was back in NIN'.  He also says it was a 'quiet' show, if that means anything.:/

So it's older than first thought.

misterID wrote:

Why would this be a shock? NIN doesn't have full time members except for Trent. So basically,
yeah for anyone but Reznor NIN would be a side project.

Top point.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Edit: The guy says it was at a HN'B show, about 'a week or two after it was revealed that Robin was back in NIN'.  He also says it was a 'quiet' show, if that means anything.:/

yeah it prolly means this is a giant pile of bullshit 16

by quiet show i'm assuming that means that it was never mentioned or promoted anywhere

where is this "guy" from? and where was this "quiet" show supposedly played/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

When questions like that need to be asked, its better to not even bother asking.:haha:

Questions like that are just troll snack food.

Like you said, this is just a big pile of shit.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

yeah it prolly means this is a giant pile of bullshit 16

Not necessarily - it just means that it's out-of-date.

Neemo wrote:

by quiet show i'm assuming that means that it was never mentioned or promoted anywhere

Well, the exact word he used was 'crazy'.  'It was a crazy show cause there was no one there'.  (Link.)

I don't know if that means it didn't happen - I am *supposing* it did, but that's why I asked earlier.:/

Neemo wrote:

I dunno.  I guess North America, as HNB have not had a tour in any other part of the world that I know of lately.

I'll have a gander in a minute....

James - any word from Marco?

James

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Do you really expect a word from Marco? I sure as hell don't. The guy was hounded so much by various forum peeps that he's now reduced himself to confirming Sonic the Hedgehog songs as Chinese Democracy tracks.

Whatever the guy knows, he aint talking. I don't blame him. When he gets your emails, and emails from that foreign GNR website, you really think he's gonna say anything of substance? More than likely he didn't even click on your link. Just said it was Seven because he worked on it.

People need to leave the guy alone. You're just making him look like a fool, and he certainly is no fool. He obviously doesn't realize there are a few thousand people obsessed with this shit, and he shouldn't be forcibly drawn into it because he's confirming fake tracks as real.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Do you really expect a word from Marco? I sure as hell don't. The guy was hounded so much by various forum peeps that he's now reduced himself to confirming Sonic the Hedgehog songs as Chinese Democracy tracks.

That's a bit wrong chronologically.  As far as I know, no one had ever really e-mailed Marco Beltrami in depth up to that point.  Certainly not for the while prior anyway.  It all started when that 'Leave Me Alone' instrumental leaked, so, as I said, me and at least one other person sent him 'se7en.mp3' while all this was going on to that reply.

More than likely he didn't even click on your link. Just said it was Seven because he worked on it.

Yeah that's what I think happened - as with the 'song 2' link now.  You gotta admit he isn't half giving ambiguous replies though.  He makes Mysteron (and even Merck before him) look in-depth.:haha:

People need to leave the guy alone.

Says the guy who sent him the link to that thread.:haha:

But, on a serious note, I agree - he isn't coming off this very well.  And all those 'short-term contract fans' at CD.com just finding his e-mail address is about to open the gates of hell in his inbox.  *Sigh*

James

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Says the guy who sent him the link to that thread.:haha:

He needs to see what the results are of corresponding with the GNR fanbase. While giving a one sentence reply to a random person, it turns into him confirming Sesame Street as Chinese Democracy. Really makes him look bad and I'm hoping he ceases all contact with GNR fans.

The GNR camp reads these sites, and you guys are likely jeopardizing whatever his current status is on CD and/or future records.

Like I said, people need to leave him alone. He worked on tracks we haven't heard yet, so there's zero point in corresponding with him. A nanosecond clip from Super Mario Bros. 2 is no reason to establish contact with him.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The GNR camp reads these sites, and you guys are likely jeopardizing whatever his current status is on CD and/or future records.

That's an important point: and that's why I titled my thread 'Favourite song off Use Your Illusion I'.  I did think hard before posting that much in reference to him and in fact put (but omitted) 'I don't want to get Marco into any trouble' when I first wrote it.

But, as you say, we are the most longest-suffering fans in the world.:haha:  Surely though he would have realised Chinese Democracy's significance when he worked on it?

He worked on tracks we haven't heard yet, so there's zero point in corresponding with him.

One thing of value we found out from our conversations with him, was that he worked on 8 tracks from Chinese Democracy/the trilogy, as I said buried in my post yesterday.  Now we have/he has purportedly named one track as 'This I Love', meaning he has worked on three unidentified others, on top of the four we already know.

A nanosecond clip from Super Mario Bros. 2 is no reason to establish contact with him.

The 'se7en'/Sonic Adventure clip did fucking rock, to be fair.:haha:

Full agreement though.

Board footer