You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: 10 Artists Who Should Stop Making Records

dr_love6977 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Also,  I don't think Joni Mitchell should have stopped making music in 1978, I think she should have stopped before she started.

+1000

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Aerosmith should have stopped. Janie's Got a Gun was their last good song IMHO. (Personally that's my fave Aerosmith song, oddly enough)

What It Takes was always my favorite track from Pump.

Man, that album was loaded with hits. It was their Hysteria.

I do agree with you about Aerosmith. Was never fond of their 90's direction, although Living on the Edge was a pretty catchy tune.

I liked that whole album with Eat the Rich, Living on the Edge, etc.  I also liked Pink, and Falling in Love (is Hard on the Knees), but I could have done without most of their songs after that...especially that piece of shit that was their only number one hit.

I actually really liked most of the Nine Lives album, there is some fluff there, sure.  Most albums have that though.  How can I not like the album that contains Taste Of India though?

Now Just Push Play...  HORRIBLE.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Disagree about Madonna, the Stones, and Def Leppard. Could make a case for a few of the others, too. As James said, the list is bullshit.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Most of these people are only on here because they're old. That's boring. Pick some bands in their 40s that don't have it anymore, not 60 year olds.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Most of these people are only on here because they're old. That's boring. Pick some bands in their 40s that don't have it anymore, not 60 year olds.

It's quite obvious that a 60 year old isn't going to an angst ridden teenager/20 year old anymore.  Agree with your post.

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Yeah most of these lists suck. I usually only repost them for the good conversation that comes out of it.

As far as Aerosmith goes, I loved everything up to and including Get A Grip. I [i]hated[/i] everything about Nine Lives and I liked the very first song on Just Push Play. It wasn't a single but it was called "Beyond Beautiful" and kicked ALOT of ass.

I like everything up to 'Get A Grip' as well. There was a song on 'Nine Lives' I liked tho. I can't think of the name of it, but it was a blatant rip-off of Synyrd's 'Tuesday's Gone', but I dug it nonetheless.

EDIT: The song is 'Full Circle'.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Yeah most of these lists suck. I usually only repost them for the good conversation that comes out of it.

As far as Aerosmith goes, I loved everything up to and including Get A Grip. I [i]hated[/i] everything about Nine Lives and I liked the very first song on Just Push Play. It wasn't a single but it was called "Beyond Beautiful" and kicked ALOT of ass.

I like everything up to 'Get A Grip' as well. There was a song on 'Nine Lives' I liked tho. I can't think of the name of it, but it was a blatant rip-off of Synyrd's 'Tuesday's Gone', but I dug it nonetheless.

EDIT: The song is 'Full Circle'.

Full Circle makes me want to drink by myself

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Full Circle makes me want to drink by myself

I know. It's a great song.

Board footer