You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The X-FILES Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Good! I'm kind of a stickler for continuity and i'm glad they address that.

FYI, if you want to know...

Hidden Text:

The series ended with The X-Files once again in danger of being shut down. The new director of the F.B.I. was actually a super solider, at the time Doggett & Reyes were in charge of The X-Files. Mulder was on the run for his life, and Scully was a consultant to Doggett & Reyes, but I believe Scully was now a teacher at Quantico. Mulder & Scully got it on at some point, spoken of but not shown, always alluded to, I want to say in Season 8. Their child together, William, was a miracle baby, almost in a Jesus-sense, and the only defense against the imminent alien invasion in 2012. I assume that being Doggett & Reyes helped Mulder & Scully fight for the truth, that they were blacklisted out of the F.B.I. too. Before these events, several attempts were made to kill William, their child, and Scully put William up for adoption to try and hide him. At the end of the series, Mulder & Scully were left on the run for their lives. Do they address this at all? All i've seen from the plot summaries is that Scully is now a medical doctor and Mulder is basically a hermit bored with his life.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I also fell off after Fight The Future. I went into Season 6 an avid viewer like always, and then when they killed off the syndicate I was just... stunned. I kind of bounched around after that, then ironically started watching regularly again when I found out Mulder was leaving and being replaced by Robert Patrick. I just kept watching it after that, but later caught up with Season 6/7 on DVD and ummm... was not impressed.

Duchovny started trying to play everything like a comedy, and totally took you out of some episodes. When Patrick came in, it at least regained it's seriousness again.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The X-Files: I Want To Believe...in a flop.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Sadly true. Although most fans are saying it's great. It has a really small film to it, and it's made FOR the fans only, not casual audiences.

Fox claims that they were only expecting a $10-15mil opening. They got $10.2mil and 4th place. Still kind of ouch considering Fight The Future was a big hit.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Meet Dave had a huge theater count drop this week. I bet X-Files has something similar happen to it next weekend.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh i'm sure. My local theater had it in two screens... i'm sure it'll be dropped to one next week.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The X-Files: I Want To Believe...in a flop.

Well yeah. I mean I think everyone is surprised they opened so close to TDK. But like someone else mentioned, it did about what Fox was planning on.

I'm still trying to figure out why Hellboy was released just 1 week before TDK. It got steamrolled during TDK's opening weekend. 71% drop. And then another 51% drop this weekend. Universal produced and distributed it. They also made Mummy 3. And they moved Mummy 3. It was supposed to open either before TDK or the week after it (can't remember which) and they moved it to 2 weeks after. What they did with Hellboy was just stupid.

Board footer