You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The X-FILES Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

It didn't recap it tongue. It retconned half the show's seasons, but yet still had other stuff happen from those seasons. The continuity was all over the place.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I liked it. I am disappointed only 2 episodes are mythology ones bit I still enjoyed the opener. Didn't love it. Obvious holes on the story but intrigued to see where it goes.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Gillian still looking good. Hopefully they understand why the last film was such a stinker and go back to the roots.

Did you watch Hannibal?
You should watch Hannibal.

Weird first ep but I'm willing to wait & judge after a while. A lot of shows start great & quickly turn shit while other shows start off shakey only to turn out ok..

Maybe I'm better off watching that than this. Was kinda shit. Duchovny looked half asleep. At least Skinner was still Skinner, and the cigarette man cliff hanger will keep me on for at least another episode.

That Alex Jones character with a Bill O Reilly type show was just silly.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I had NO idea this new series had already started. When I said I rarely watch TV I wasn't exaggerating. 16 Looks like I'll have to download it or check for a rerun. Your opinions so far make me want to give it a pass but I've got to check it out even if just for shits and giggles. First few seasons were incredible.

It needed to be nothing but stand alone episodes. Screw the alien conspiracies and shit like that. I know some people love that(which is why they did it) but I always preferred the eps where it was one and done and never brought up again. One of my favorites was about some weird human mutation of sorts that lived in the sewers(I think).

I should actually dive into some of the old episodes sometime. Been twenty years since watching the series.

The continuity was all over the place.

Of course. They fucked it up beyond all recognition back then which is why I threw in the towel. Once I realized they were making it up as they went along they lost me. Another reason this should have been nothing but stand alone episodes.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

James I agree with you 100%. I liked the episodes where Mulder visited a small town due to reports of something paranormal. The the local small town sheriffs told him to get lost & claimed its just all a bunch of hub-bub & didn't want some "Eff Bee Eye" coming into their town.

I recall it truly took a bit of a change when it went from some rinky dink show on friday nights into some massively hyped Sunday night programming with a ratings push from both NFL on Fox plus the Simpsons in their prime. A year or two later they went too far into the government & conspiracy storyline, and like you said they got lost within it, making it up as they went along. I compare it to Lost, a good show, tapered off towards the end in its own storyline. Funny, I just looked it up on Wikipedia, I don't even remember they brought someone else in for the final season when Duchovny left?!  I must've quit watching but thought I watched the final few?

Just saw they're on  Netflix. I'm gonna start bingeing it, some of the earlier eps have gotta hold up like gold.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Tonight's episode was classic spooky X-Files. Maybe I'm easily impressed, but both new episodes have pleased me.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Tonight's episode was classic spooky X-Files. Maybe I'm easily impressed, but both new episodes have pleased me.

I dug tonights episode too. Definitely had that classic vibe at times. I haven't read reviews but did see a mention have the episodes getting stronger as the season goes.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I dug tonights episode too. Definitely had that classic vibe at times. I haven't read reviews but did see a mention have the episodes getting stronger as the season goes.

Dunno. I expect that.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I liked what they did with the conspiracy plot. The lack of the classic x files atmosphere was jarring though.

johndivney wrote:

Sweet ep
James Wong did it. He was the guy who did that classic home ep.
So much better than his American horror story show.

Board footer