You are not logged in. Please register or login.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

Re: Chinese Democracy Elimination- Final Round

rose22 wrote:

gonna say goodbye to better

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

What the fuck is going on?

TWAT shouldn't have made it this far.  We should be voting between Better and CD and CD should be winning.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Saikin wrote:

What the fuck is going on?

TWAT shouldn't have made it this far.  We should be voting between Better and CD and CD should be winning.

Actually, CD shouldn't have made it as far as it did, and I suspect at other sites, it wouldn't (though I don't know that as a fact). 

The only 2 songs that we've heard so far that have any chance in hell of saving the GnR name are here.  That's the way it should be...that's the way Axl and his management team need it to be.  They both have far more commercial potential than anything else we've heard.  This vote couldn't have gone any better than it did for Axl. 

Who knew we'd be lackeys for the Axl and his management team?

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Honestly? 

From what i've noticed when i play music for anyone who isn't a big GNR fan, or perhaps isn't a fan at all, CD stands out above the rest.  TWAT doesn't... at all.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody I've played it for can get 30 seconds into it without skipping to the next song.  I'd say that's a problem.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Nobody I've played it for can get 30 seconds into it without skipping to the next song.  I'd say that's a problem.

Wow.  I've found the exact opposite results with the people i've played it to.  It usually comes down to Better and CD being their favorites.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

CD is so boring, this song definitely is a filler.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Wow.  I've found the exact opposite results with the people i've played it to.  It usually comes down to Better and CD being their favorites.

Maybe it's just different crowds...I have a few years on you.

Enjoy the Shinedown show.  I saw them open for VH in Vegas and they were pretty good.  The lead singer is a little guy for having such a big voice...played blackjack with him and he couldn't have been more then 5'4" or so...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I got the same result, although I think TWAT is the best of the leaks. Not even a competition.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

While the intro is very cool, its definitely a problem for mainstream audiences. If this becomes a single, a "radio edit" is gonna be required.

buzzsaw wrote:

Who knew we'd be lackeys for the Axl and his management team?

I always thought it was one of the reasons they've watched the site since it started(and the "old" site obviously). We're not as active as the "big 3", but its a place where they can get honest feedback about any and all news without the blind ass licking. They know they can come here when shit goes down and mistakes get made without having to read 50 page threads that consist of nothing but "this is the GREATEST thing ever!!!" No one respects sycophants, and that includes the GNR camp.

Even when leaks happen, this is a good place for feedback. Other sites will say the universe just exploded and nothing like this has ever been heard, while here the posters will actually cite artists/songs that influenced it and how they feel about it.

Board footer