You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: More leaks soon?

Arcade Roses wrote:

MSL - thanks for your reply,

mister saint laurent wrote:

arcade roses . . . why would i PM you anything when anything i've ever told you has ended up posted in this thread?

I didn't share any of the information you gave me in this thread.  I shared my information in this thread (which, by the way, was from months ago) - which was select quotes from earlier people I personally believe are charlatans, I have stated many times before.  I guess we will just have to agree to disagree there.

i sort through a hundred fakers a day, could you imagine if each one of them ended up with a 14 page thread?

you posting a bunch of PMs has made it so that nobody wants to talk to anybody anymore. you changed the game alright, but all we got out of it was a fake clip. real hoarders will laugh if you dare send a clip with no vocals. when you kept talking to them after that, that showed you had nothing.

Which means that they were fake full stop and it's changed nothing.  If anything: surely it's speeded up your investigations and saved you from the same BS I went through with them.

Oh, and

you posting a bunch of PMs has made it so that nobody wants to talk to anybody anymore.

Once again, I never did this.  Just select quotes to prove my point that the people who you are talking to I believe are in fact charlatans.  But again that's open to interpretation... and, looking at what peeps in this thread have put (James and others (downliner?)), most would concur with what I am saying.

and i know you're thinking "but i never said i had anything."

doesn't matter. in this game, nobody believes anybody. i'm not saying the mexicans had anything, all i'm saying is that we'll never know and on top of that, getting anybody to talk about anything anymore just became 10x harder.

I don't 'need to know' - I am sending you proof that, in my opinion, we already know, and the answer is that these people are charlatans; though again it may be open to individual interpretation (though a *loose* consensus seems to be on my take).

All the facts add up to that and

people in the past who had discussion worthy information did not behave like these guys did.  That's why I am surprised you were following it up....

I wouldn't post such warnings about people if I thought their input was of value.  Thus, I cannot see why any investigations now would be '10x harder'.  Just say that the information did not come from you but from me; which I hope to clarify in these posts.:)

"OMG SOMEBODY WAS LYING!" get over it, keep it to yourself. this thread has been the most frustrating and detrimental thing i've had to deal with in a long time.

Fair point.  I respect your opinion; and, you will be pleased to hear, next time, at your request, I will.  I won't even PM friends if I think your ship is being steered toward icebergs (metaphor), no offence meant.

to everybody not involved/confused/annoyed/etc, i apologize. enjoy the leaks when they happen, but try not to concern yourself with HOW they happen. you'll get a headache just thinking about it. i'm as guilty as anyone for feeding this kind of frenzy by writing my "tell all" story last year.

Well... I'm like an editor of your story, if you see what I mean.... and I am editing out what I feel is a completely irrelevant chapter some guys seem to be adding which IMHO is the right thing to do.  But, as you say, you disagree - and yes, I will not 'chip in' if I believe such a situation is happening in future.

MSL - I respect your position, your input, and enjoy your posts.  I am just saddened that you found my information an impediment rather than an aid, and, while I don't necessarily agree that they have made your investigation slower (though I accept it a bit); I stand by doing what I did, however I may concede I was incorrect now.

Once again: thank you for your information, I wish you well, and my apologies if my put myself across rather badly in my efforts to make the picture clearer....

In other words, I grabbed the steering wheel of the ship, turned into around so hard, that it almost fell over and sunk, LOL.:haha:  But for this I apologise - and if it was a little misunderstanding....

Thanks for your info, and all the best.  Godspeed, auld boy!
AR

BTW: Downliner's avatar (if I can borrow it) just about sums up us reading this thread:
2.gif

Arcade Roses wrote:

arcade roses . . . why would i PM you anything when anything i've ever told you has ended up posted in this thread?

I didn't share any of the information you gave me in this thread.

O RLY!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

2008-07-28 22:08:17

I know you/your friends are taking MSL down the wrong path

2008-07-28 23:00:51

Talking with MSL earlier pretty much made me 90% sure he had encountered the same bunch

2008-07-28 23:46:51

That's what the people MSL may be talking to once told me....

Yesterday 00:09:05

By the way: I asked MSL if dave2k's clip of 'Closing In On You' was legit and he said he believed it was. 

Yesterday 10:43:53

BTW: MSL got back to me and said it was the same guys.

Yesterday 11:41:41

This clip came from the people MSL is talking to

Yesterday 12:41:28

MSL is convinced these guys are real

Yesterday 13:36:04

MSL told me he was talking to some guys in Mexico who claim to have '99 demos.

Yesterday 22:30:28

MSL seems to be talking about the Spanish hoarders - from whom this clip came - being real.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

See, people who go blowing people's covers like this?

This is why we can't have nice things :-P

Keep up the good work, MSL - something's bound to break soon, as we're well aware.

Ciao,

-darknemus

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:

2008-07-28 22:08:17

I know you/your friends are taking MSL down the wrong path

That was not a PM - that was a post that highlights my case that you might have been dealing with charlatans based on my earlier talk with them.

If I quote PMs (which I have rarely if ever done), I will clearly highlight them - as I did.

2008-07-28 23:00:51

Talking with MSL earlier pretty much made me 90% sure he had encountered the same bunch

Again, that was not a PM - that was from a post to James saying that I believed you (MSL) were being led down the wrong path....

2008-07-28 23:46:51

That's what the people MSL may be talking to once told me....

Once again, that's not a PM - just me telling Dadud what these charlatans (and remember that's the whole starting point of me mentioning all this) told me/maybe MSL.

I admit this information did come from PMs though - but was relevant me highlighting/transcribing this minor point, as I said/did earlier.  To state my case.

Yesterday 00:09:05

By the way: I asked MSL if dave2k's clip of 'Closing In On You' was legit and he said he believed it was.

That's not relevant.

That's from a chatlog - and by the way, when you were gone, people were telling me even more revealing things they claimed you had told them; respecting your wishes, I will not even names examples here.  I will just say they had to do with recent events.

Yesterday 10:43:53

BTW: MSL got back to me and said it was the same guys.

You did - at which I point I thought you were in consensus that these guys were false.

That was relevant because it was important to my argument; though it did reveal information: again on guys that I thought were fake.

Yesterday 11:41:41

This clip came from the people MSL is talking to

See the second of my paragraphs above.

This also goes back to my earlier point of previous people who have had information of note not behaving in this kind of manner before.

Yesterday 12:41:28

MSL is convinced these guys are real

That's what you seem to say - why we are here, now.

My case was to the contrary; hence, again, I personally had no complaints in posting that the ship was being steered toward in iceberg....

Yesterday 13:36:04

MSL told me he was talking to some guys in Mexico who claim to have '99 demos.

... whom I believe/d were vacuous.  Again, I was waving red flags.

They changed their story by the way: they told me they had more recent demos.

Yesterday 22:30:28

MSL seems to be talking about the Spanish hoarders - from whom this clip came - being real.

Yeah, so it seems... to which I dispute, amicably.

None of these are direct PMs.  The only parts of PMs I posted were some minor comments from one of my guys on 'Zodiac' - though I admit I referenced some others to prove my case: that I believed at the time these people were charlatans and again I say I still do; though with amicable disagreements.

hahahahaha, ok, i give up. this guy just doesn't get it. i sincerely apologize to everyone for my contributions to this ridiculous thread.

if i ever make the mistake again of answering people's PMs or popping into a chat room . . . O HEY PLZ DO ME A FAVOR AND DON'T POST ABOUT IT ON BOARDS.

K THNX BYE

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:

hahahahaha, ok, i give up. this guy just doesn't get it. i sincerely apologize to everyone for my contributions to this ridiculous thread.

if i ever make the mistake again of answering people's PMs or popping into a chat room . . . O HEY PLZ DO ME A FAVOR AND DON'T POST ABOUT IT ON BOARDS.

K THNX BYE

I 'get it' MSL - I just happen to have a polar opposite argument to yours.  As I said: I respect that.  I respect you and your efforts: and will put in a good word for you whenever I can.  You are a true legend....

I respect and in fact agree with your comments about handling PM info and that... but the chatroom stuff?  I surely see no harm in mentioning the 'Closing In On You' fiasco: but the other stuff was nothing to do with me.

Once again: thank you for your input.  It's been cool talking to you (you being angry at me not withstanding, LOL), and once again I wish you all the best for the future.

I have explained my position on this (possibly now over?) situation: and I respect yours.  I am sorry and I didn't realise certain actions here came to this.

Once again, thank you and Godspeed,
AR

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Can we lock this before anything else happens, or more info gets posted? MSL He was just trying to help and even though it made it harder keep that in mind. Arcade was just trying to show you that he thought they were fake because of what they said months ago even though he doesn't realize as you said this is a game of cat and mouse. Please don't stop posting on boards, PMing or chating. We enjoy your presence. And Arcade, next time you wish to try and Discredit someone do it in PMs. There is no reason to post out in the open.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
strat0 wrote:

was just trying to show you that he thought they were fake because of what they said months ago even though he doesn't realize as you said this is a game of cat and mouse.

Just one final post on this matter: a few senior people in the community (here) thought so.  It wasn't just 'me'.

I posted it in the open because I thought it was an important situation as, well, as I said... MSL's ship was being steered toward an iceberg, in my view.  Add to that that people on here (including the aforementioned) seemed to also be being deceived by what I still think is the same guy (same songs being mentioned, and everything.  Basically the usual 'all mouth and no trousers' routine), and, well, I did what I did.

But I don't think anyone will do it again now, for various reasons....

AR

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

This is why those of us who make an effort to get our hands on 'the goods' so to speak tend to do a lot of our communiques through text messages and good old fashioned mobile phone calling back / forth smile

It scares me how twisted and altered a story can get when it passes from one person to the next, especially when it comes to this community.  Its not a bad thing - in fact, I find it rather fascinating - but yes, it does scare me.

Ciao,

-darknemus

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
darknemus wrote:

This is why those of us who make an effort to get our hands on 'the goods' so to speak tend to do a lot of our communiques through text messages and good old fashioned mobile phone calling back / forth smile

I circulated this with a few trusted admins in 'good old fashioned' PMs a few months back.  I didn't just start posting it now - they weren't recent PMs.

I know I could get lynched for this: but do you seriously believe the guys who unleashed this ridiculous info (I am sure you have been subject to it to), as well as unleashing the 'Thyme' clip to the community because it was apparently 'funny' before putting out a fake 'Zodiac' clip they swore was legit, really either know the truth in the background or know people who know the truth?

If people like us can't handle the fakes... can we handle the truth?:haha:

AR

BTW - when James gets back I am sure/hope he will lock the thread and move it to a private section.

Board footer