You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: More leaks soon?

Sky Dog wrote:

The Gnr camp is involved because you are STEALING their property!:thumbup:

Incognito
 Rep: 0 

Incognito wrote:
Aussie wrote:

If multiple people have sorry (assuming they all have the same version) it would be harder for the guns camp to pinpoint exactly who leaked it.  So perhaps that is a posibbility.

I honestly think 'Sorry' will surface in the next batch of leaks. I can't elaborate much as to why I think this, but I'd be surprised if the song doesn't surface sometime in the following months. I also expect the next leaks (after Shackler) will be song titles that we've never heard of, or more song #4, song #5 type of stuff. I don't believe Chinese Democracy will come out this year, but I'm hoping that we get several more songs in the next leak that force this album to come out sometime in the forseeable future.

Aussie wrote:

But Shackler's would have to be a high chance of leaking next (as a side note unlike other pathetic comments I have read on various sites I believe this will have nothing to do with pirates).

I agree with that pathetic comments remark. I used to really like mygnr but as of lately it's becoming more and more of a playground filled with 9 year old mentalities. Four or 5 stupid ass 'pirate' threads in the main section all mainly started by one individual is beyond pathetic.

Aussie wrote:

What kind of a charge can they make up for inciting/requesting leaks??

If I remember correctly, they called it 'incitement to infringement'. (something like that)

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

looks fake as hell to me.  must have varying bitrates or are too short cuz Better shouldnt be nearly the same size as TWAT..  as for IRS, it looks like its twice the bitrate of TWAT. i`d expect a more "scene" standard bitrate from something "legit" but this looks like its thrown together by just some dude with early demos and other shit

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Sometime after the June 18 leaks, I received a cease and desist from the law offices of Davis Shapiro Lewit & Hayes. They claimed to represent Axl Rose and demanded that I immediately stop inciting and requesting leaks. They wanted me to send them in writing that I would stop immediately. I never did send it in writing, but I did comply with their request.

Axl either has new legal representation or that was a bogus cease and desist order.

Incognito
 Rep: 0 

Incognito wrote:
Backslash wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Sometime after the June 18 leaks, I received a cease and desist from the law offices of Davis Shapiro Lewit & Hayes. They claimed to represent Axl Rose and demanded that I immediately stop inciting and requesting leaks. They wanted me to send them in writing that I would stop immediately. I never did send it in writing, but I did comply with their request.

Axl either has new legal representation or that was a bogus cease and desist order.

I originally didn't think it was legit, but a phone call changed my mind. The law firm was legitimate and the individual who sent it to me did in fact work at that firm. If they don't represent Axl, I don't know why he would have sent it to me.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Backslash wrote:
Incognito wrote:

I originally didn't think it was legit, but a phone call changed my mind. The law firm was legitimate and the individual who sent it to me did in fact work at that firm. If they don't represent Axl, I don't know why he would have sent it to me.

It makes more sense that he has new lawyers after all the crap that happened in 06-07.  They didn't really handle the situation professionally.

BTW, about that torrent, I think it's a virus.  The rtf in there tells you to change the extensions of the mp3s to zip and then sign up at a website to get a zip password.  That screams virus to me.  I'm still downloading to see if the actual mp3s will work without all that crap.

Sky Dog wrote:

Another point I was trying to make about peoples' excitement level on these boards and CD's alleged loss of mystique...most of the people who aren't excited anymore just don't like the music or are lukewarm too it. It is not the bands fault or the media's fault that you personally were expecting something better or were expecting something different or simply got caught in media hype or simply wanted the music 10 years ago. In the end, you heard pretty close to finished stuff and you don't like it. That doesn't mean the music sucks and that no one else on the planet will like it, it simply means you don't like it. There are lots of people that do like it and no ones opinion of the music is more valid than the next persons. It is art and is subjective opinion.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

Another point I was trying to make about peoples' excitement level on these boards and CD's alleged loss of mystique...most of the people who aren't excited anymore just don't like the music or are lukewarm too it. It is not the bands fault or the media's fault that you personally were expecting something better or were expecting something different or simply got caught in media hype or simply wanted the music 10 years ago. In the end, you heard pretty close to finished stuff and you don't like it. That doesn't mean the music sucks and that no one else on the planet will like it, it simply means you don't like it. There are lots of people that do like it and no ones opinion of the music is more valid than the next persons. It is art and is subjective opinion.

I agree, 2 weeks ago everyone was stoked about a NEW song coming out, one we had never heard of before.  People were buying into 4 albums being released, the VMA's.  Then no news for a couple weeks and it's back to, "the mystique is gone".  The mystique will reappear when news comes out, it always does.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

madagas wrote:

Can I chime in here to all the doomsday....nobody cares anymore posters? Just two weeks ago we get a formal announcement of an unheard song most likely being the first single on the album, everyone flips out, every media outlet in rock and roll is all over it-two weeks ago it was proven that there is still alot of interest for this project outside of the Gnr boards. Whether you are a nutswinger or a doomsday predicter or a middle of the road daily poster, you/we are the lunatic fringe of Gnr fans. The media was all over the leaks and the SR news. When you get a real release date and actual tracklist from Uni, the media will blow up even more. I just don't get the wild mood swings you guys have. We have a new unheard song coming in about a month. Can't we just cool it for awhile, not worry about leaks that date back 2-4 years ago, and be content that it really may happen this time? I guess the difference between me and most of you is that I still firmly believe we will be shocked by the tracklist and I actually think they have a big, grandiose plan in store for us to get us all the material within in a short time. It is the only way Axl can overcome the ridiculously long wait....he almost has to shock and awe at this point. So just chill motherfuckers!:beer:

Well my post was just meant to point out that glory for the leakers is not going to happen. One day after something leaks, who did it will be gone from everyone's minds. I'm not saying we don't want leaks, that they wouldn't be good, or that people don't care, I'm just saying that there is very lttle personal glory available to the hoarder who lets out a few more tracks. Media outlets GN'R scope is firmly focused on Shackler's and Rock Band, they'd have no interest in a single leak or two right now.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I really hope nothing more leaks. If the album is indeed coming soon, and some signs are there to support that...

I'd rather just wait and be surprised when I get the album.

Board footer