You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: SR's leak plausibility and potential timeframe (informed speculation)

James wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...itunes is cool for the ease of getting stuff that is otherwise hard to find. I use it...but I would prefer they had a lossless audio option (i'd gladly pay more for it even) as the standard bit rates and even the itunes plus are a bit light on for me.

I'll definately buy SR though in any format. I'd love to see a CD single!

I'll be pretty pissed if the only option is lossy audio.  bleh.

I know they still sell lots of CD singles over here in Tokyo, but are they still big in the rest of the world?  I was under the impression that they'd pretty much died out.

I know singles are still sold since I have all of M.I.A.'s singles, but the sales from them cant be much as I never see singles in stores. I bought all mine on Ebay.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

CD singles are pretty much dead in the US, but I know they are still released and sold overseas. I know my fave bands from the UK continue to release them in Europe.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

GNR completely piss me off because they need to capitalize on this BEFORE someone has a chance to leak it. Just go ahead and release it as a single. What are they waiting for anyway?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

machine24 wrote:

GNR completely piss me off because they need to capitalize on this BEFORE someone has a chance to leak it. Just go ahead and release it as a single. What are they waiting for anyway?

It's possible Rock Band has some sort of deal worked out where they get to debut the song. Make some amount of sense, and then we can expect a single on iTunes or from the gunsnroses.com site a couple days after Rock Band is released.

No way this pops up on iTunes before we've all heard it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah its possible to buy the occasional CD single here..but its pretty dead..usually the corner of a store with a box with like 5 songs in it. But here's to hoping that they do something for us!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
machine24 wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily true.  If people want to illegally download the track, they will.  For people who want to purchase the song, when given the choice they will.  There are still some honest people in the world who pay for music, so while they may download the track when/if it leaks they'll still pay for it when it becomes available.  If Rock Band has exclusive rights to the song and will do their best to prevent it from leaking I wouldn't expect the song to be released as a single before the game comes out.  I would expect soon after, but again I really don't think the timeframe matters as far as sales go.  Media hype and taking advantage of positive and free publicity, well that's another story.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

I still say *IF* it shows up on iTunes (and that is in no way a guarantee) and on radio then it will show up at the EARLIEST the same day RB II is released.  As a matter of fact - a true 'marketing blitz' at that time wouldn't surprise me in the least.  I'd love to be able to actually hear some PR flunkie say "Chinese Democracy starts NOW!"

-darknemus

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Do you know *IF* SR is out there somewhere in hoarder purgatory, dark?

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

I've heard rumblings that its out there with a couple of people - but that's just from my offline conversations with a few people.  At least one person supposedly played a guitarish intro with an Axl scream (over the phone to a potential trader) but who knows how accurate the description is - let alone if the track the person played is real.  (The person who it was played for, on the other hand, I have no doubt about - if they say they heard 'x' then they heard 'x' - period)

-darknemus

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Damn, I want to hear this song!

I have an orginal 1987 Appetite For Destruction cassette tape I'd be willing to trade. Yeah, just mull
that little gem over hoarders... 16

Board footer