You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: Guns N' Roses launching iTunes promotion: 'Ides of March' hint?

Arcade Roses wrote:
Saikin wrote:

It's just a little blurb on iTunes stating that CD is closer than ever.  It's been closer than ever for the past 10 years.  16

Yep, but you need GN'R/mgt permission to put out even such an intriguing little 'blurb' on a medium as major as iTunes, IMHO.

This might get more viewers than 'View From the Side of the Stage'.

I've also thought that at the last minute they could always throw in Jungle instead and get away with it since the testers don't have the version with SR on it.

Or, as I said, just to prevent leaks (logical).  But certain planets are once again aligning in this dark corner of the universe....

Any guesses what will happen (on the forums) if the song is not on there?:nervous:

Edit: Scabbie: great minds think alike.:haha: 5.gif

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Meh to me this is no different than when we see CD pop up on Amazon and HMV.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Yep, but you need GN'R/mgt permission to put out even such an intriguing little 'blurb' on a modern medium as relevant as iTunes, IMHO.

No you don't.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
Saikin wrote:

No you don't.

Well, because I'm not that familiar with the day-to-day 'goings-on' behind iTunes, is it like Wikipedia, where just anybody can edit it?

I would have thought it was only for the admins, people who run the shop, that kind of thing...?

To imply a major CD release is imminent when it might not be, even with a long-running saga like CD (or maybe conversely unless it's CD (or one of those-type projects, i.e. until recently Smile)), would surely be breaching some sort of internal code or even (external) contractual code, would it not?  (Especially now the train seems to be *about* to depart the station - though this may have of course triggered the update, if optionally done, of course in the first place, if no contractual obligations were to be in place.:))

Sky Dog wrote:

They aren't backing out of releasing Shackler's...that is coming. However, I personally still feel it is a song to test the waters, and they will finalize release plans in preparation for x-mas after seeing reaction to the song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:
Saikin wrote:

No you don't.

Well, because I'm not that familiar with the day-to-day 'goings-on' behind iTunes, is it like Wikipedia, where just anybody can edit it?

I would have thought it was only for the admins, people who run the shop, that kind of thing...?

To imply a major CD release is imminent when it might not be, even with a long-running saga like CD (or maybe conversely unless it's CD (or one of those-type projects, i.e. until recently Smile)), would surely be breaching some sort of internal code or even (external) contractual code, would it not?  (Especially now the train seems to be *about* to depart the station - though this may have of course triggered the update, if optionally done, of course in the first place, if no contractual obligations were to be in place.:))

It is only for the people who run and design it. 

How many other people in the past 10 years have implied CD is on it's way when it's really not?  Of course CD is on it's way, it has been for a decade now.  They aren't saying anything GNR haven't told us before.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
madagas wrote:

They aren't backing out of releasing Shackler's...that is coming. However, I personally still feel it is a song to test the waters, and they will finalize release plans in preparation for x-mas after seeing reaction to the song.

Whilst you maybe right, this sounds ridiculous. Test # 1 Oh My God Test # 2, 3 & 4 Leaks. What differences do tests make? If the music is good it will sell in some format, whether thats CD Video games or I tunes

Right now , they'd be better focussing their energy on trying to secure other promotional opportunities such as movies. If I was GNRs manager I'd be aiming for James Bond or something

Sky Dog wrote:

what I'm saying is if the song doesn't go over well, he may can the whole damn thing.:nervous: Personally, I think he needs to drop the album before anything goes to radio, video game, movie, etc.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

what I'm saying is if the song doesn't go over well, he may can the whole damn thing.:nervous: Personally, I think he needs to drop the album before anything goes to radio, video game, movie, etc.

Not sure what it would take to pass the so called "test" in Axl's/managements eyes.  Do people have to say, "it's the best song I've ever heard."  "It's vintage GNR."  Will, "it's good, different, but good" suffice?  Not sure about the whole testing thing either.  Doesn't seem like a good way to plan.  You should have faith and confidence in the material and let it stand on its own.  Not wait to hear initial input to find out if it appeals to the public.

Board footer