You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: Guns N' Roses launching iTunes promotion: 'Ides of March' hint?

Arcade Roses wrote:

***CONFIRMATION NEEDED***

Got this from:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=122252

Here is what it says on itunes if you click on the name Guns N' Roses: "Chinese Democracy is inching closer to reality ending more than a decade of waiting and speculation. To paraphrase Julius Caeser- Guns N' Roses came, saw, and conquered, but they still have a lot of conquering left to do."

Nothing huge, just thought you guys might be interested. This was just added in the last couple days.

Oh, but it is 'huge', IMHO....:rolleyes:

Confirmation this appeared today:

On itunes, yes.

Edit: The first time this has appeared on itunes.

AR

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

The question is though, how long has that been there?

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:

BTW: supposedly, 'Ides of March', one of the new rumoured tunes, relates to the date Julius Caesar was murdered on.:rolleyes: smile

Saikin wrote:

The question is though, how long has that been there?

This is the first I've heard of it.  It looks recent.  It's big news (on at least the iTunes front), IMHO.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch just yet. Been way too many false alarms over the years. It does look like we are seriously nearing the promised land, but I'm gonna need to see real action and not hints of action.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

"Beware the Ides of March", yes it relates to the date Julius Caesar was assassinated, because it is the date he was killed on. 

But if it's coming on the Ides of March, we've got til 2009 to wait, because the Ides of March is March 15, the day Caesar was killed.  Since then, Ides of March has suggested impending doom.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch just yet. Been way too many false alarms over the years. It does look like we are seriously nearing the promised land, but I'm gonna need to see real action and not hints of action.

For all we know, they could have just updated it with all the news of a song being released on Rock Band. 

To be clear, i don't think that Caesar quote has anything to do with the Ides of March.  I think whoever wrote that just thought that quote was fitting, and it kinda is.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, all this 'songs on videogames' and now 'Ides of March' hints(?) on iTunes just seems to 'unusual' or 'unreal' after all these years of silence....  Like being in another dimension, or something.:haha:

dark said in the other thread, 'Videogame testers (or something?) have not got 'Shackler's Revenge' in their game demos.  This means, to me, that, while they might be doing it to prevent leaks, someone in the camp may have already got 'cold feet' and bottled out.

The fact that the song has not appeared yet leads me to believe this may already have happened.  Just years of being a 'jaded' GN'R fan I guess, but that's another story.

(A still unheard song with some one month to go on a VG full of very well-known songs many going back years + the history of this band just seems so irregular it seems like... I can't trust it....:o yikes)

Fakes of this nature have occurred before (remember the Photoshopped one from, surprise, surprise... CD.com), but this statement does seem, as I say below, very *GN'R-ish*.

Saikin wrote:

For all we know, they could have just updated it with all the news of a song being released on Rock Band. 

To be clear, i don't think that Caesar quote has anything to do with the Ides of March.  I think whoever wrote that just thought that quote was fitting, and it kinda is.

100% agree with both your points; although someone at least *close* to the GN'R camp *usually* 'sanctions' these 'official releases/statements', but as we saw with Del James/other incidents, they *can* take it back.  The statement does seem very 'GN'R-ish' IMHO....:rolleyes:

I doubt it means we have to wait to mid-March next year to hear the album BTW either... but who knows.:)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It doesn't seem unusual or unreal to me. Its par for the course. The Harley thing looked to be an ace in the hole and a sign of things to come as well. Axl/GNR got cold feet and backed out at the last second. We aren't even near the last second in this chapter yet.

This may have Jungle on it by the time its released, and I'm sure this thought has occurred to everyone else as well.

I'm "on board" this train, but I'm yawning until I actually hear the engine turn.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

100% agree with both your points; although someone at least *close* to the GN'R camp *usually* 'sanctions' these 'official releases/statements', but as we saw with Del James/other incidents, they *can* take it back.  The statement does seem very 'GN'R-ish' IMHO....

It's not an official release/statement.  It's just a little blurb on iTunes stating that CD is closer than ever.  It's been closer than ever for the past 10 years.  16

If SR is really on RB2, we won't be hearing CD on the Ides of March next year.  No band promotes an album that long, especially now because the album will leak well before then if it's coming our way. 

I've also thought that at the last minute they could always throw in Jungle instead and get away with it since the testers don't have the version with SR on it. 

Good news is, we don't have that long to wait.  Promotion for this video game will start fairly soon, and i'm sure they will mention SR.  A new GNR song off their upcoming album Chinese Democracy is gold when it comes to marketing.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

They will look like right twats (no pun intended) if they pull SR now, especially after all of the fuss made by Harmonix. To piss Harley D off that maybe one thing, but to threaten a massive stream of revenue from the video gaming industry is another...

Board footer