You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses launching iTunes promotion: 'Ides of March' hint?

Sky Dog wrote:

I agree. I hope he is NOT testing the waters.....but this is a man who has released 1 song of original material in 17 years and who has spent 14 years off and on in the studio trying to make an album.:nervous::headbang::flame:

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
Saikin wrote:

It is only for the people who run and design it. 

How many other people in the past 10 years have implied CD is on it's way when it's really not?  Of course CD is on it's way, it has been for a decade now.  They aren't saying anything GNR haven't told us before.

So... they can freely edit it - that is, a certain band/artist's page - freely of what the record company may say/contractual obligations/the reality of the situation (even though that's from not being the reality as far as GN'R are concerned), etc.?

Scabbie wrote:

Test # 1 Oh My God Test # 2, 3 & 4 Leaks.

You forgot 'Back In The Saddle' and the Sebastian Bach album.:haha:

Madagas is right: someone sneezes (as I think Mysteron himself once said?), and the whole thing is canceled/delayed again/whatever.  They shouldn't touch James Bland with a stick IMHO.  Maybe the upcoming Terminator Salvation trilogy with Bale (and believe me that is one franchise that couldn't hardly do with it right now).  Or maybe Peter Jackson's upcoming Tintin trilogy (which could seriously own) would be better?

Oops... wrong section.:haha:

Edit: Actually, speaking of Hollywood, the film industry does test major movies i.e. Narnia.  But this can often be when the studio has low (read into that what you will) confidence in the material.  What was it that producer who heard CD down the phone a few years ago said?  'Three good songs' (out of some, 13?)?:nervous:

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:

By the way:

Saikin wrote:

The question is though, how long has that been there?

Answer:

On itunes, yes.

Edit: The first time this has appeared on itunes.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=9 … pic=122252

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

I agree. I hope he is NOT testing the waters.....but this is a man who has released 1 song of original material in 17 years and who has spent 14 years off and on in the studio trying to make an album.:nervous::headbang::flame:

Yeah I hear you.  I just don't know how they'd judge the results of the "test".  I thought the leaks went over pretty well, for the most part.  Both fans and media reviews were positive.  "Oh My God" didn't work out so well, but that was a stark difference to what fans were used to at the time.  Something(s) holding this thing up, maybe we'll find out exactly what some day.  I'm just not convinced that even if everyone in the world rose at once and proclaimed "Shackler's Revenge" the best song they've ever heard when it hits the airwaves, that it would make the album come out any faster.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

They aren't backing out of releasing Shackler's...that is coming. However, I personally still feel it is a song to test the waters

I'm in the same boat. Its Oh My God all over again. Where we disagree is that I think he can still pull out of this. There was probably a contract signed with two songs as a possibility, one being new.

Amazing that in 2008 he is still afraid to let the album stand on its own and be judged. He's still doing what he was doing in 1999....giving it to us in baby doses praying the whole world loves the taste.

Welcome back Acquiesce!:mosh::beer:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This in no way similar to Oh My God. I think everyone involved is done testing the waters. Especially since nine songs have leaked off the album, they're not going to throw one we haven't heard out there on top of it.

Plus, this is being treated completely different than Oh My God.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Here is what it says on itunes if you click on the name Guns N' Roses: "Chinese Democracy is inching closer to reality ending more than a decade of waiting and speculation. To paraphrase Julius Caeser- Guns N' Roses came, saw, and conquered, but they still have a lot of conquering left to do."

got a link? i dont see that when i search for gnr hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

This in no way similar to Oh My God. I think everyone involved is done testing the waters. Especially since nine songs have leaked off the album, they're not going to throw one we haven't heard out there on top of it.

Plus, this is being treated completely different than Oh My God.

What do prior leaks have to do with Shackler itself? Nothing.  Its one song being used to promote a product. Thats what Oh My God was, and thats what this is.

The only way its being treated differently is Axl is giving zero info about the track, and I don't consider that much of a good thing. Hard to promote a song when the composer of it doesn't give two shits and the singer isn't interested in talking either.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its Oh My God all over again.

More like HD all over again.

Neemo wrote:

Not to hand.  I don't use iTunes very much.  It's in the 'Music Store' section under GN'R.

I was going to quote the full article but can't - but it is on there.  I have it open right now.

By the way: I don't know if anyone caught it, but apparently a German uncensored LP of the original AFD is to be rereleased on September 9.:rolleyes:  Apparently it's slightly 'remastered' or something:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a … tyle=music

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Here is what it says on itunes if you click on the name Guns N' Roses: "Chinese Democracy is inching closer to reality ending more than a decade of waiting and speculation. To paraphrase Julius Caeser- Guns N' Roses came, saw, and conquered, but they still have a lot of conquering left to do."

It took me a while to figure out too.  After you type in Guns N' Roses, you have to click on Guns N' Roses under Artists.  That takes you to a page with a long paragraph, the Chinese Democracy reference is just the last sentence of that paragraph.

Board footer