You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: Guns N' Roses launching iTunes promotion: 'Ides of March' hint?

Arcade Roses wrote:

The only way its being treated differently is Axl is giving zero info about the track, and I don't consider that much of a good thing. Hard to promote a song when the composer of it doesn't give two shits and the singer isn't interested in talking either.

For a game/comeback song of this significance, it defies logic.  In a month or so, most guys (and gals) are gonna be rocking out to a new GN'R song on their consoles in their living room (alongside older (and some contemporary) songs of more considerable fame), that now more-or-less under a month before no one (in the general public, not all affiliated with the VG and song 'release') has heard.  Give me a break.

I truly expect, like the HD experience, 'Paradise City' or 'Jungle' to be the song they play to on September 14.  Anybody on here who ordered this thing in advance may want to monitor this situation very closely from now in, I guess....

By the looks of things, Axl won't even attach his name to that rereleased 1987 AFD (another nail in the reunion coffin by the way).  Thus, (him not doing the same to) a new project of this 'magnitude' is no surprise to me IMHO.

Jorge76 - yeah, it is kinda... 'ponderous' to figure it out.  Just use the 'Search Music Store' function at the top.

jorge76 wrote:

That takes you to a page with a long paragraph, the Chinese Democracy reference is just the last sentence of that paragraph.

You definitely got the same page open I have.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

The only way its being treated differently is Axl is giving zero info about the track, and I don't consider that much of a good thing. Hard to promote a song when the composer of it doesn't give two shits and the singer isn't interested in talking either.

For a game/comeback song of this significance, it defies logic.  In a month or so, most guys (and gals) are gonna be rocking out to a new GN'R song on their consoles in their living room (alongside older (and some contemporary) songs of more considerable fame), that now more-or-less under a month before no one (in the general public, not all affiliated with the VG and song 'release') has heard.  Give me a break.

I truly expect, like the HD experience, 'Paradise City' or 'Jungle' to be the song they play to on September 14.  Anybody on here who ordered this thing in advance may want to monitor this situation very closely from now in, I guess....

By the looks of things, Axl won't even attach his name to that rereleased 1987 AFD (another nail in the reunion coffin by the way).  Thus, (him not doing the same to) a new project of this 'magnitude' is no surprise to me IMHO.

Thats a bit doom and gloom. WE will likely get Shackler, I'm just saying that people shouldn't be shocked if there's a plan B that involves rehash.

I just don't see this as some innovative marketing. Axl and GNR aren't even talking and we're a month away. Its amateurish, and I'm surprised Azoff is even allowing this to go on. I know I've said this a hundred times, but if Axl or anyone associated with GNR want anything new GNR related to be taken seriously, its time to drop this lame mystery crap and treat it like its a real  song/album. There is no mystery anymore so trying to act like there is just makes it look like they are spoofing themselves.

Bumblefoot was asked about this track at some show, and all he would say is that it kicks ass.

Bumble, you're a couple weeks away from having to potentially promote this, and thats all you're "allowed" to say??:nervous:

Sounds like Mister Magoo may once again have hijacked this train.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I e-mailed Ron weeks ago and just asked him if he played on SR and his reply was that he didn't want to ruin the surprize.  Not much promo or hype with that answer.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this is all i get as far as words go and it says nothign about what you guys are saying...am i doing it wrong? i open itunes and type "guns n roses" in the search engine...this is what i get

30w1fmg.jpg
2d002sh.jpg

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

What I did was Type "guns n' roses" into the "search itunes store" box.

In the upper left corner of the display on my itunes it says "all results"  and "Power search"

Right under that is a box labeled "Artists", in that box it says Guns N' Roses, Vitamin String Quartet, Studio 99, etc.  When I click on Guns N' Roses in that box it takes me to the page we were talking about.

You'll know it when you see it.  The background changes to black and there's a big GNR logo in the middle of the screen.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Thats a bit doom and gloom. WE will likely get Shackler, I'm just saying that people shouldn't be shocked if there's a plan B that involves rehash.

I just don't see this as some innovative marketing. Axl and GNR aren't even talking and we're a month away. Its amateurish, and I'm surprised Azoff is even allowing this to go on.

I see what you mean, but, at this stage, sooo *close* to release of this major project/song the surrounding circumstances of this thing seem to me to defy all logic.  We don't know if this song's about pirates or Stephanie.

James Lofton wrote:

I know I've said this a hundred times, but if Axl or anyone associated with GNR want anything new GNR related to be taken seriously, its time to drop this lame mystery crap and treat it like its a real  song/album. There is no mystery anymore so trying to act like there is just makes it look like they are spoofing themselves.

The mystery for me still stands a *bit*.  It's just the 'buzz' that they repeatedly kill, destroying the odd 'peaks' of interest in this album that have occurred throughout the year (proving interest and mystique are still alive around this project for me); but that being said, I am sure they do have a *big* plan up their sleeve(s).  They are dealing with Irving Azoff, and they are do have a major release in plan with Harmonix this time.

(But this is GN'R, right...?)

If what MSL was saying about the two new songs ('If The World' and 'song 2') not being on the first album it definitely keeps the mystery alive, while giving us a clue of the second/later....

James Lofton wrote:

If Mister Magoo may have again hijacked this train, doesn't the 'warning signs' (at this stage, as I have listed above) say anything?

We went into silence, just like after the HD ad was taken down.  JMHO.

(Nonetheless, I expect to be wrong to *some* extent - just a question of how much?:/

I just think this 'plan' defies too much logic/recent history for someone not to sneeze violently along the way....)

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

WE will likely get Shackler

By the way, not to be a perpetual pessimist in this thread, but if a 'plan #B' happens/has happened, and copies of the game without 'Shackler' are being circulated, as darknemus has already confirmed, we might not even get that as soon as he was saying; but, unless the clean-up by the camp was truly exceptional, we could get it a little later, in a situation similar to the 'Better' February 2007 leak, as peeps have already confirmed they heard it....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

One issue this has is the fact its almost unmarketable. Its Axl with replacements of replacements of replacements of replacements under the GNR banner. I don't care if CD is Dark Side of the Moon II, how do you market that? Even if each member has his own small fanbase, how do you market the project as a whole?

This is why I think this is gonna go in a NIN direction IF anything ever truly happens.

How Shackler gets promoted in the coming weeks is gonna tell us all we'll ever need to know about how Axl feels about the current band he has, and will also show Azoff's intentions on how to launch it.

The launch pad was built using a track composed by a guy not there since 2004 and who obviously doesn't care about the band.

That isn't innovative marketing. Its being desperate and being forced to go back to the 2000-04 well when supposedly things in the 04-08 era had been taken to a "new level".

Still boggles my mind he was afraid to release it in 00-04 when its obvious to anyone that the same fucking material is in play four years later.

This shit(including Shackler) should have been dumped on the masses years ago and something fresh brought to the table. Instead, a dwindling fanbase awaits a fourth rendition of The Blues.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

I just don't see this as some innovative marketing. Axl and GNR aren't even talking and we're a month away. Its amateurish, and I'm surprised Azoff is even allowing this to go on. I know I've said this a hundred times, but if Axl or anyone associated with GNR want anything new GNR related to be taken seriously, its time to drop this lame mystery crap and treat it like its a real  song/album. There is no mystery anymore so trying to act like there is just makes it look like they are spoofing themselves.

Bumblefoot was asked about this track at some show, and all he would say is that it kicks ass.

Bumble, you're a couple weeks away from having to potentially promote this, and thats all you're "allowed" to say??:nervous:

I agree with this post.  I'm surprized Azoff with the reputation he has as allowed this farce to keep on going like this.  To me Azoff has failed miserably with this project and I ain't necessarily knocking him down or blaming him.  As it stands now I do not expect an album this year, I do not expect Shackler's Revenge on RB2.  I expect the silent treatment to keep going for a VERY long time and I do expect Azoff to either quit or getting fired by the end of the year.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

While I agree the album should've been dropped years ago, since apparently it's the same material.  I don't agree that there's a plan B to the Rock Band release.  I don't see how GNR could get away with announcing on all major media outlets that a new song would be featured on the game and then go around and make it a classic GNR tune.  I mean I know this is GNR, and nothing ever goes to plan.  But why would they even post on their website about the song if there was even the slightest possibility that the song(s) could be switched?  I know the website is hardly ever updated, but that supports my point even more.  They could've said nothing about it, then they'd have an easy out.  They've commented on it, and we're all expecting it, I don't see how they could back out at this point.  Maybe I'm naive.

Board footer