You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Sebastian Bach- Angel Down

James wrote:

The members who post in this thread will be in a random drawing to win the F.Y.E. exclusive edition of Bach's album Angel Down. It is a 2 disc CD/DVD set that includes Angel Down, and the one hour long "making of Angel Down" DVD that includes selected live performances.

Even those who think it sucks are in the running. Its sealed so just throw it in the back of your music collection.

Tracklist:

CD: Angel Down

Angel Down
You Don't Understand
Back in the Saddle (featuring Axl Rose)
(Love Is) A Bitchslap (featuring Axl Rose)
Stuck Inside (featuring Axl Rose)
American Metalhead
Negative Light
Live & Die
By Your Side
Our Love Is A Lie
Take You Down With Me
Stabbin' Daggers
You Bring Me Down
Falling Into You

DVD: Roadrage

American Metalhead (live in Detroit, Michigan)
Stuck Inside ( live in Mt. Fuji, Japapn) *yes, that typo is on the cover*
(Love Is) A Bitchslap (live in Calgary, Canada)
By Your Side (live in Calgary, Canada)
You Don't Understand (live in Winnipeg, Canada)
The Making of Angel Down

2008 courtesy of Get Off My Bach and Caroline Records. music from EMI. Produced by Roy Z.

If you are a lurker here and don't wish to participate, or you don't win the album but want it anyways, it can be purchased ONLY at:

http://www.fye.com/

6190rykd5UL._SS500_.jpg

Winner to be announced next Thursday.

James

James wrote:

I just checked FYE's website, and this is no longer for sale. Only the normal edition with CD only.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Well I've heard this before and I wouldn't mind having it. smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

OMG....how did this come about? You just don't want it?

I think i've posted my Sebastian story already on the board once..about how I got into Skid Row late after checking them out with GNR...and ended up freakishly meeting baz at the airport. And now i'm like a huge fan...

Anyways...to me Angel Down is a kickass record....and I got to say....I wasn't really expecting it to be...Baz's other solo outings aside from Skid Row didn't seem as good, and generally I'm more of a hard rock guy than a metal head...so this is right on the threshold of what I listen to....but I totally love this album.

The tracks with Axl were pretty good fun, i really dig "Back in the Saddle" as a juiced up Aerosmith cover...but I'm also pretty into the title track and American Metalhead - which is kinda cheesy at first but then works on that level so i just feel a primal urge to put my fist in the air!!! And i really like "By your side" too as its the kind of song I try and sing in the shower but just can't hit those notes!! Actually that's probably not the best review I could write..lol..but while at first it sounds generic..it winds up into a really pationate vocal performace from baz.

Anyways...i can understand that this isn't an album for everyone, but for those looking for a taste of classic baz...in the same kind of form he was in in Skid Row...but with an even heaver edge to the sound, for people who dig a bit of a drunken headbang and massive high screams with an air guitar solo...then i'd recommend it. I mean it is what it is...but for classic 80s style rock with but a modern sounding production and a balls out rockfest it delivered to me...so I'm a big fan.

Slightly off topic. But i REALLY REALLY want this version with the DVD. As due to getting into Baz late...i'm actually kinda a nutswinger of his new band. Cos i feel they replicate the classic songs with respect and class, and deliver a kickass live show. I saw Johnny Chromatic shredding back in 2005 from upclose and was so damn impressed. And as a modern baz fan - one thing thats been kinda a downer was that all the official live stuff i could get and all that was always with the old solo lineups or SR - and I want something to relive the 4 times I've seen the new band and loved it!!

Anyway..its a conincidence as I was going to post a thread asking for help to find this version the other day but didn't get around to it. .obviously the contest is random..so i'm not at all suggesting I should win cos I want it...as i'm sure there's lots of other out there who also do. But on a related note - i'm wondering that - if i don't win - if there is anyone on the board who has access to one of these from their local FYE that hasn't sold out or anything...or someone that's picked up a copy and doesn't want it anymore and would be ok to ship to Australia, i'm totally happy to paypal the costs and so forth. I've been trying to find this sucker in Australia but my local record store seems to only have the standard version with no dvd.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Anyone know any other place I could find the DVD version?

James

James wrote:

You're upset that its not in Australia? Why? Aren't you happy with the current state of the music industry?:haha:

As far as how I got it, a friend gave it to me and since I didn't like this album and not really concerned with its absence from my music collection, figured I would give it to one of the members of Evolution. Wasn't interested in doing a trivia or any contest like we used to do, so figured a random drawing among those interested would be the best option.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Anyone know any other place I could find the DVD version?

Since its no longer on FYE, ONLY place you'll find it is on Ebay or Amazon. Might luck into a torrent but I doubt it.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i love this album, falling into you is a favorite

but im a sucker for dated 80's tunes tongue

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

but im a sucker for dated 80's tunes tongue

Some say so am I smile
But this is one bridge too far for me.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I love this cd. Personally, I think it was one of the best in 07, and not just because Axl was on it.

Board footer