You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Velvet Revolver Still Mulling New Frontman

Axlin16 wrote:

That theme song from Sons of Anarchy is fuckin' awesome. 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I went on the lurk at HTGTH this morning and noticed Funkymonkey had posted this info, sorry to him for a blatent steal:

"From Duff in an article posted today:

But Duff has promised we've not seen the last of Velvet Revolver.

In 2008, singer Scott Weiland announced on stage at the SECC he was quitting the band but Duff says plans are in place to reform the band next autumn.

He said: "We've got a top 10 list of singers we'd like to try out and enough material for a great new record."

http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/yb/135492147"

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

So it's spring in austrlaia...so i guess thats like a year from now, when slash is done with his solo?

I'd love to hear a new VR record, I dunno about keeping new songs on ice for a year though, but I guess it worked out ok for Axl.

I do wish they'd get on with finding someone knew though. with the right singer this band would kick ass.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I wouldn't take anything these guys (entertainers in general) say too seriously.  Remember back in April when they were about a week away from announcing the new lead singer?  How'd that work out?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, it's just more smoke being blown up our asses, and I find it odd that they bother doing it because Duff is having some success with Loaded and Slash has his solo album coming next year which is highly anticipated.

Very few people care about VR at this point.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm sure they're just keeping VR on the backburner, just in case.  Once Duff or Slash gets bored at least they have that as an option.  But I wouldn't expect for them to hit the ground running anytime soon, regardless of what any of them might say.

It has all the makings of becoming the "Chinese Democracy will be coming out soon" saga.  Eventually VR may get back together but so far they've missed any target date they've ever made for announcements and such.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, it's just more smoke being blown up our asses, and I find it odd that they bother doing it because Duff is having some success with Loaded and Slash has his solo album coming next year which is highly anticipated.

Very few people cared about VR to begin with.

Fixed 1913

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I still feel like Slash, Duff and Matt as a group represent more than the sum of their parts, they have a great chemestry together and always have had, from GNR days and onwards with VR.

That's why i want to see them reform and make the kind of records they could, as I think duff said recently, they know they havn't done their best yet.

Of course I think Slash's solo album will be killer, because it's slash, but at the end of the day, when he operates as a solo artist / guest player - it's tough to keep on top of his work and get copies of everything he's been on, and you inevitably have some songs not in the style you like and so forth.

Then with loaded and stuff, it's fun, but i'm basicly just watching for duff.

I far prefer them together. I know this board doesn't have a lot of VR fans. But I enjoyed Contraband and Libertad (i actually now really enjoy a playlist that's a mix of both - as the albums had different flavours that when mixed made a more balanced sound in terms of the type of tracks). They were a bit modern sounding to me rather than the other slash stuff i like (Snakepit 1, or Vengance is Mine etc) - but I'm definately a fan.

So i guess I hope slash does a killer record now, and we get to enjoy that, but then he comes home to VR, and that they find a new singer who's worthy of the GNR legacy this band has, and then record something truely powerful.

Hmm...glad I don't have too many expectations huh wink

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I still feel like Slash, Duff and Matt as a group represent more than the sum of their parts, they have a great chemestry together and always have had, from GNR days and onwards with VR.

I agree on the chemistry part, and I enjoyed both VR albums. 

That said, VR didn't live up to the sum of it's parts.  I was super excited about the parts coming (back) together.  Then they put out 2 albums that were ok, pretty good I guess, but it didn't live up to where those  parts should have put it in my mind.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Very few people cared about VR to begin with.

Fixed 1913

They were pretty successful though. tongue

Board footer