You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

Re: the new vr singer is?

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Lenny Kravitz. Someone just called me with the offical word. The contracts are in negotiation. No word yet if they will keep Kushner though. I mean if they have lenny why would they keep him around they dont need 3 guitars... anyhow, thats the word. Again lenny could bail at the last minute but I doubt it. it seems pretty final. http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=170073

nugdafied wrote:

This would be the shit if true. Can't wait to hear 'Fields of Joy' at my next VR show. I went to see The Black Crowes once when they opened for Lenny & was shocked to see how great of a guitarist/frontman he is. He & Slash in the same band will be rockn'. No doubt.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

While I do like some of Lenny's stuff, mainly his older work, I have a hard time picturing this in reality.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

There are few things that get me  to yelp like a little girl... 3

EDIT:  sorry the link was screwy.

James

James wrote:

If this is true, we now have VR with a 3 guitar assault like new GNR.

I hope Uni's got Chinese Democracy wrapped in cellophane ready to ship, because Axl may hesitate again if a Kravitz fronted VR is already in the studio planning a near future release.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow. Is this real you guys think? Would be pretty exciting..lenny plays cool guitar and writes some good songs.

I mean "fields of joy" with slash was awesome, and "always on the run" is cool and lenny has solo songs in similar styles like "stop dagging around".

Although i'd hope they can make some heavier stuff too...cos some of lenny's stuff starts getting pretty mellow at times. which is cool...but we'd need some rockier stuff in there as well.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm actually getting into this idea the more I think of it.

Lenny has star pull - so it wouldn't be like replacing scott with an unknown scott clone. He doesn't have the flake attitude or arrogance of many lead singers. He is rockstar in the sence that he pulls of the attitude seeming genuine - like you see him live and he is impressive - he's real unlike many of the posers out there. He can also sing well, writes good (if somewhat soft for my taste) tunes, and can play guitar. All around a pretty interesting card to add to the VR mix.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i hate lenny kravitz 17

i hope its wrong sad

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

And they said no to Bach because he's irrelevant? Sorry, but even if Kravitz is more respectable and has had hits more recently, he's also a relic. If true maybe they should just tour and do covers. They could play a sick club show of classic rock gems, a GNR song or two, a couple Lenitz songs, and a few VR tunes.

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

And they said no to Bach because he's irrelevant? Sorry, but even if Kravitz is more respectable and has had hits more recently, he's also a relic. If true maybe they should just tour and do covers. They could play a sick club show of classic rock gems, a GNR song or two, a couple Lenitz songs, and a few VR tunes.

Kravitz was always more relevant than Bach, even in their prime. While Kravitz isn't an earth shattering pick, did you expect one? After Contraband and Libertad, all I expect is a decent song or two out of their recording sessions regardless of who they choose as singer.

There are much worse choices than Kravitz, and Bach is one of them.

Board footer