You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: the new vr singer is?

Mikkamakka wrote:

If it's true, then my dreams came true. I always wanted him the most... I cannot believe it's true, it'd be so great! 219

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

And they said no to Bach because he's irrelevant? Sorry, but even if Kravitz is more respectable and has had hits more recently, he's also a relic. If true maybe they should just tour and do covers. They could play a sick club show of classic rock gems, a GNR song or two, a couple Lenitz songs, and a few VR tunes.

Kravitz was always more relevant than Bach, even in their prime. While Kravitz isn't an earth shattering pick, did you expect one? After Contraband and Libertad, all I expect is a decent song or two out of their recording sessions regardless of who they choose as singer.

There are much worse choices than Kravitz, and Bach is one of them.

I wouldn't consider Kravitz a relic to be honest.  Bach is a relic. 

Royston would have been a much worse choice for them.  I'd rather see William Hung, or even Ricky Martin fronting this band than Royston or Bach.  16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I never understand any of this stuff about relics and relevance. If we want to get like that pretty much all hard rock, and metal music is irrelvant. If we want to be about fashion and what's left of sales...then they need to hire in Justin Timberlake as the lead guy? Fuck all that.

Slash makes music in a particular style (the stones/aerosmith riff style) and he's damn good at it. I don't want to see him try and be people he isn't just because its not cool to make that style at the moment or it is too 1980s or whatever. The issue with VR already if you ask me was that scott was insisting on less lead and rock guitar based riffs and more post-grunge/modern stuff. I want to see Slash make some killer tunes and who gives a hell what decade it is and what the little kids pretending to be drug dealers because they have rap ringtones on their mobiles from dudes who rap about guns and bitchs but really live in isolated fortresses. Haha. Fuck relevance!!

Anyway...Bach performs in a particualr style...and whatever else...he is a master at that particular sound...and the reality is...as a front man for that style of sound, his physical performance, and as a performer with a vocal range like his, 90% or more of singers would not be able to hold a candle to what he can deliver live. He does what he does. But he does it well. Angel down may not be for everyone...and that's fine but  you won't find too many other dudes capiable of performing it live as well as he does.

Lenny is cool because he's never cared about relevance. He's always put out records that sound like they were mixed before he was born....and that's cool. He also is damn cool at what he does.

I think it could be very interesting.

It's funny that if the band did something relevant to the modern times, like do a Rockstar:Inxs style search for a young and modern singer, or an internet competition they would be considered a joke and sell outs. Yet they audition two guys at the top of their respective genres and styles and everyone gets worried because of relevance.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

http://www.lennykravitzloverevolution.com/

Lenny's tour itinerary. He's currently in Europe promoting Love Revolution and will tour Canada in October/November. Can't see him dropping his tour to work with VR, so if he's the man, it'll take a while before things start happening.

Frankly, I don't believe it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe lenny is just gonna work with slash on his slol album?

anyway "always on the run" is a cool tune but overall i got sick of kravitz right around the time that the media shoved fly away down our throats :sick:

but his earlier material is alright but the success later on totally turned me off anything he has done recently especially sincethere isnt anything good in that fly away to begin with 3 chord wonder

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

If it is kravitz....3 guitarists?

replace the STP covers with...

again
it aint over till its over
fly away

althought i cant see the VR feel with those songs

Slashisvr

Slashisvr wrote:

add ..

always on the run

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Kravitz is way, way past his prime, so I guess it's perfect for them. I like Lenny, but even I stopped buying his albums about 8 years ago, around the time he issued greatest hits with the song "Again," which is a bad imitation of a Journey ballad (which is actually a good thing), complete with a Neal Schon-like solo.

Slashisvr

Slashisvr wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Kravitz is way, way past his prime, so I guess it's perfect for them. I like Lenny, but even I stopped buying his albums about 8 years ago, around the time he issued greatest hits with the song "Again," which is a bad imitation of a Journey ballad (which is actually a good thing), complete with a Neal Schon-like solo.

I wouldnt know what songs you are on about as i havent listend to them, but i love "again" one of my fav tunes at the moment

Board footer