You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: the new vr singer is?

PaSnow wrote:

This is awesome if true. A solid choice. Talented, original, covers a broad (no pun intended) array of style & fan interest. Resparks VR in popularity & remains a "supergroup".  There are only a few other choices I would have rather seen, but overall I like this alot.

We'll just have to see how true this is.

nugdafied wrote:

Fields of Joy
Always on the Run
Are You Gonna Go My Way

Those three would have to be on the setlist if Lenny fronted VR. He also has some ballads that could work as well. As for the GNR tunes, I could definitely see SCOM. Patience, & KOHD. Who knows what others Lenny would be cool with. As for Weiland era songs, probably just Slither, SMF, & FTP would make the cut. Man, this rumor needs to be true & they need to come to the ampitheatre here in Bend next summer!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

It would be interesting if true, but I don't believe it. The guy who posted on sludge also claims he has heard CD. Yeah right.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

It would be interesting if true, but I don't believe it. The guy who posted on sludge also claims he has heard CD. Yeah right.

He's probably heard 12 songs, enough to be considered an album.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The prospect of Lenny fronting them actually gets me excited about what new music VR could come up with. I just can't picture him singing any Scott stuff, he sounds nothing like him.

But how fuckin cool would it be to hear Slash ripping it up on Always On the Run, Fields Of Joy. They could even play Are You Gonna Go My Way, and that hidden gem off Duff's first solo album - The Majority.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

looks like i'll be in the minority but i hope it's not true. i don't care how big he was/is. wrote some nice tunes, but i don't want him in vr.

plus, he's got his own big thing going. he's got an album and a world tour going 'til winter, really doubt he's the guy.

and vr said they jammed with a guy so, if lenny was on tour in europe, how could he jam with vr?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash is doing his solo album, Duff's doing Loaded... I guess they don't have any problem if nothing happens with VR before 2009.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This would be awesome.

I actually think this is a possibility. He really hasn't had a hit record since 5 unless you count the
greatest hits. The problem with Lenny is that he does everything on his own when he's recording
and since even Circus I felt like he wasn't being pushed creatively. This could push him. I'd love
to see it happen.

But seeing this is from sludge it's a little hard to swallow.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

yeah i noticed that too...and i must say my expectations of lenny actually joining droped like 100 points after I read it....I hope he does...but i dont trust "insiders" who not only have friends who know the guy who owns the joint where slash reherses - yet also work at a label and have listened to the whole of CD....maybe this guy knows santa too and can hook me up with his list of naughty girls...

Board footer