You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Can anyone identify the source of this pic? (maybe CD cover related?)

Axl S wrote:
Impostor wrote:

With time drawing short, let me offer one piece.  Thirteen points of light will rise from dark.  The meanings will vary to many.

16:haha: Fan BS is always a good read.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wtf was that all about 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The last three pages of this thread was hilarious.

Good to see Del in good spirits.

OH YEAH!

Felix Da Housecat
 Rep: 0 

chinesedemocracycoveriw9.jpg

...and if you thought that cover was disappointing, wait till you hear the whole album. Ha!

(I kid, I kid.)

It is fake, fake, fake as a wedding cake. I did it as quick joke in the fan art section, nothing more. It's a tongue-in-cheek take on CD having a 'domestic violence theme' which, I think, one person picked up on. (kudos, Projected!)

It is part of a series of images called "Peking Opera" by Chinese artist Liu Zheng

luizheng03bu6.jpg
Peking Opera - Beating The Princess Gelatin Sliver Print, 46 x 46 cm, Edition of 5, 37 x 37cm, Edition of 20, 1997 

luizheng01zb5.jpg
Peking Opera - The Web Cave Gelatin Sliver Print, 46 x 46 cm, Edition of 5, 37 x 37 cm, Edition of 20, 1997

luizheng02vj8.jpg
Peking Opera - Quelling The White Bone Demon Gelatin Sliver Print, 46 x 46 cm, Edition of 5, 37 x 37 cm, Edition of 20, 1997 

Microsoft released artwork? Seriously, does anyone in 'journalism' do a basic fact check before running stories? Anyone??

Unfortunately, this is why I decided to remove all my other designs. IDK if fans throw it on their itunes or whatever, but I'm afraid they may wind up on bootleg t-shirts, let alone being passed off uncredited everywhere or as something official. Too bad too, 'cause some of 'em we're pretty f'n sweet.

P.S. Here's hoping the real artwork is better than anything we've seen.

P.P.S. Blabbermouth and/or Ms. Fox, get your shit straight next time, or do us all a favour and get the fuck off the internet.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Thanks for clearing the air regarding that pic, Felix.:mosh:

P.P.S. Blabbermouth and/or Ms. Fox, get your shit straight next time, or do us all a favour and get the fuck off the internet.

Completely unnecessary dig, but thanks anyways.

Impostor
 Rep: 4 

Impostor wrote:

Good evening, friends.  I wonder if my visit of two nights ago met with the results I had desired.  I fear it did not.

Impostor

Impostor wrote:

My intention was not to create a riddle, as some have suggested.  A riddle may be based on confusion.  I proposed a puzzle, something accessible to all with no attempt at deceit.

Impostor

Impostor wrote:

I had offered a dialog, an open interaction with those present.  Yet, only one seemed comfortable in participating.  Others, perhaps justifiably, questioned my identity or my worth.  By the way, James, I have actually grown fond of the name you have created for me.  I have been known by many names amongst you, my friends.  Perhaps Impostor is as appropriate as any other.

Board footer