You are not logged in. Please register or login.

/New GNR Liam\
 Rep: 0 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

Communist China wrote:

That type of beat is ripped directly from NIN imo. It's the sort of thing Josh Freese is playing these days, which is sort of ironic because it's probably Brain on the track.

ahh but didnt Josh Freese write some of the original drum tracks for them only to be re-done by Brain?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
/New GNR Liam\ wrote:

I think this song is absolutly amazing!!! Undecided on whether it's Shaklers Revenge or not though!

im almost 100% certain the solos are:

2:16-2:31-Buckethead

2:31-2:45-Bumblefoot

the first half sounds alot like Buckethead and the second half sounds like Bumblefoots thinmble so....

I would say the opposite.  To me, it sounds like BH shredding at the end, and Bbf doing the first solo.  There really isn't any BH trademark to give any of them away though.

The reason i say it about the first one is how it starts out.  And the runs at the end that's just basically a scale played really fast.  I've heard Bbf do that before on a few songs. 

That type of beat is ripped directly from NIN imo. It's the sort of thing Josh Freese is playing these days, which is sort of ironic because it's probably Brain on the track.

Then Freese stole it from Zombie because i really hear a lot of Zombie in that part.  16

Then again, i haven't listened to enough NIN to really judge on that one.  From what i've heard, the beats sound like a cross between Zombie and NIN.  That's a good thing.

fora
 Rep: 2 

fora wrote:
/New GNR Liam\ wrote:
Communist China wrote:

ahh but didnt Josh Freese write some of the original drum tracks for them only to be re-done by Brain?

yes, i think it's what happened. brain re-doing josh parts, then frank re-doing brain drums...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
/New GNR Liam\ wrote:
Communist China wrote:

There's no way this song dates back to Freese because Bucket wasn't in the band at that time. Now if my theory that Shackler's was previously two songs that are now put together is true, then Freese could have influenced the track.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
/New GNR Liam\ wrote:
Communist China wrote:

There's no way this song dates back to Freese because Bucket wasn't in the band at that time. Now if my theory that Shackler's was previously two songs that are now put together is true, then Freese could have influenced the track.

Aren't all the songs basically 'put together' from different stuff?

I too doubt this is Freese though, going from the info that it is a BH/Brain song. But with the nature of this album there could be a May part from 98 in one verse, a Huge lick from 96 on the chorus and a Buckethead solo from 03 at end...on any given song.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Well Freese just does what people tell him to for the most part. He's a session drummer, capable of every type of rock beat there's ever been. I believe Brain will have come up with the part if it wasn't Axl on a computer, who then went to Brain with it. I doubt Frank is on the track. My point of irony was that Freese probably wouldn't be playing that style in 97-99, but nowadays he is with NIN, while GNR found someone else and did the same sort of thing Freese does in his new job.

Song kicks ass regardless of who did what.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Is it significant, I wonder, that they've picked a song with a Bumblefoot solo and a minimal presence from Finck for the first official release from Chinese Democracy?

AxlsMainMan
 Rep: 1 

AxlsMainMan wrote:

The solo sounds more like Buckethead than Bumblefoot to me.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
AxlsMainMan wrote:

The solo sounds more like Buckethead than Bumblefoot to me.

I think Finck may have the first few seconds of a solo, followed by Bbf and then BH shredding at the end. 

It doesn't sound like a BH solo to me.

Board footer