You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?

Neemo wrote:

i dont care myself...i buy cd's at teh cheapest place possible...which usually turns out to be walmart or best-buy

i even research a few places before i go buy stuff

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
machine24 wrote:

One huge plus we could get from an exclusive store is possibly "B Sides" Live versions, VIDEO of them performing each song live, Inteview disc maybe......

So that could be a positive whereas other stores get just the CD.

Yeah, when I finally broke down and bought Contraband while in Best Buy buying U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, Contraband came with an extra disc that had 3 cover songs on it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Fuck Wal-Mart. This album does have some cursing on it. I don't know if it'll get a P.A. warning or not. If not, then it doesn't matter. But if there is one and Wal-Mart is the only place selling it, we won't even get the intended version of the album for fuck's sake. How retarded would that be? Why would Axl even agree to that kind of crap? Oh yes, let's exclusively sell our album and not even allow people to buy the original version of it.

Meanwhile, Best Buy is the ultimate in ripping off the consumer. But if they had it (unedited) and they were the only ones with it, I'd bite the bullet and buy it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Listen, it is real simple. It is the fastest way to make back the $13million plus more without risking the album tanking. Get your guaranteed money up front. Axl almost had to do this. James, remember that comment from the Velvet Rope....Axl has a "joint venture" with the label. Hmmmmmm.:thumbup:

and tejas, Best Buy doesn't rip me off....lowest priced cd's in my area and that is all I buy there.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I am so fucking out of the loop on the Velvet Rope and stuff.  I have bought some CDs at walmart that have language. Really think about it. There isnt much cussing in these leaks. IRS says Shit, Rhiad said FUCK a couple times.............

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Listen, it is real simple. It is the fastest way to make back the $13million plus more without risking the album tanking. Get your guaranteed money up front. Axl almost had to do this. James, remember that comment from the Velvet Rope....Axl has a "joint venture" with the label. Hmmmmmm.:thumbup:

and tejas, Best Buy doesn't rip me off....lowest priced cd's in my area and that is all I buy there.

Compared to Amazon they are a huge ripoff. $5 per CD or higher price difference between Best Buy and Amazon in many cases. I recently bought an HDTV from Best Buy because they were running a $400 off special on it during Memorial Day weekend. Otherwise they are a rip. You should look at their prices on DVD's and Blu-ray's, then go look at Amazon.com. I have a $50 gift card that I wanted to use recently and I was just appalled by the prices on Blu-ray's. I'm sitting there thinking, "$30 for that, when I've seen it for $20 at Amazon," over and over.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well you dont have to pay for cashiers and shelf stockers if you run Amazon.com

its the same for all retail stores versus online sales.

buy online is no different then using the self checkout at a store...it helps eliminate jobs which in turn helps the economy slide more

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Off topic, but doesn't Best Buy offer a lowest price guarantee?  If that's the case, they'll credit you the difference + beat the price by an additional 10%.  I just went through that ridiculous and grueling process with my new TV when a competitor beat Futureshop's (Best Buy's Canadian entity) price by $40.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

First week all cds are 9.99 at best buy. U cant beat that. With Amazon, after u pay the shipping on a CD, u arent saving anything and at Best Buy you get the CD the day of.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

in canada if you buy more than $39 worth of merch you get free shipping and on a pre order you get it the day of

i do buy online i was just saying that there is a reason for elevated prices vs online shopping 19

Board footer