You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: hey james, would you cave?

James wrote:

Everything leaks. FACT. Kala leaked weeks before its release. If GNR don't think leaks are gonna happen, they need to retire from the music biz.

Nine songs leaked 2 months ago and they slept through it. A song coming out in a few weeks leaks(the normal timetable for a leak), and sycophants are screaming bloody murder. The fanbase is being divided at some of these other sites over this.

Luckily our foundation is more solid.

If Azoff has issues with this, address the fanbase as a whole. Don't fall into the GNR camp soap opera games. We know what road those games lead to.....the road to nothing.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Rex wrote:

Another thing you should consider is that only us hardcore forum fans have really heard it.  I don't think that Rock Band 2 fans are really waiting for a new GN'R track.

True smile

But then its obvious that there was some business deal involved. I mean as far as we know - the song is currently exclusive to rockband - and the rockband people were doing a lot of PR about how cool it is that the new game features the first new track from CD and so on. So they won't enjoy this happening. Even though fans get the song sooner and are stoked. I'm just saying business dudes will be PISSED OFF big time by this.

Well I have heard the song, and I'm still going to purchase Rock Band 2.  Like I said, if you have interest in RB 2, then you're going to get it whether or not you like Shackler's Revenge. 

I do know where you're coming from though. 5

James

James wrote:

The song leaking isn't going to affect the sales of Rock Band or a potential album release. They can sell that story to someone else.

James

James wrote:
machine24 wrote:

They can send u a cease and desist order in a second and make you takedown any Copyrighted GNR material. If Axl doesnt want u using his likeness or name or any of the material, they can make u take it down.

Whats there to desist?? No songs are posted here(or at any forums). The GNR logos? Look closer. Its not the GNR logo. GNR name? We aren't making money from it.

Everything here is provided to the public free of charge, and there is no copyright infringement whatsoever. Not here, not at the other sites. If they take one down, they gotta take them all down.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...i guess I might seem like a hypocrite. Again..as a fan I'll buy the record..and i'm eager to hear anything including leaks as soon as possible. So in business terms, its harmless to people like me, even if we are downloading motherfuckers as well!

But i'm just saying leaking 9 demos - that BBF said are unfinished is a whole different story to leaking the finalised first single a month before its publicly flaunted debut in an exclusive video game deal. I'm just saying MSL has definately crossed a different line in relation to his "Part 2" - and it can't shock anyone that the corporates consider it against the band's interests.

I'll agree that this site is awesome for allowing free speach, no bullshit and not lying to its fan base. And i'll also agree that GNR as a whole would be far better to positively engage with their fanbase more often. I'm just saying at the same time - i can understand how they'd be pissed about this happening.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I know that about 6 years ago, Prince made fans take down all likeness of him and any songs etc.

They cant make u close down the forum, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that but they can make you take any pics of Axl down, not allow any boots to be DL etc. I dont think it would come to that though. Fan Sites aren't responsible for the leaks anyway. Its someone Axl trusts or someone in the record label. How else is someone gonna get a copy?

James

James wrote:

Well, its pretty obvious that the leaks originate in the GNR camp. Leaks have been happening on a yearly basis since 2005, and the original IRS leak in 03 happened courtesy of Mike Piazza.

If they were so concerned about leaks, shouldn't play the discs in strip clubs while bitching at hardcore fans wanting to hear the same thing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we will not allow management or the band to tell us who are members are allowed to be

in the past they have requested that we not have copyrighted material posted....we have complied with that request to the best of our ability

on gnrevolution we encourage all points of view and freedom of speech....and we also strive to maintain a high quality of discussion but also a bit of lightheartedness  to balance it out

as long as you dont break the pretty simple rules of the forum (No insulting, no spamming, no posting official material) then there is no good reason that you should not be allowed to post here

i dont care if irving azoff or george bush junior himself requests it, they arent the administrators here gnrevolution exists for the posters not for management

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

This from the band with the song "Out To Get Me"

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This site doesn't desire to lick the ass of the GNR camp. Never has, never will. Thats always been how we operate since the beginning of the old site, and we will stay the course.

This site isn't about trying to get in good with the GNR camp hoping for a "contact". This site is for the members, not about setting lame agendas.

You have never done anything to warrant a ban here, and as long as you follow the few simple rules of this site(which you have always done), you can continue posting here for as long as you like.

Neemo wrote:

we will not allow management or the band to tell us who are members are allowed to be

in the past they have requested that we not have copyrighted material posted....we have complied with that request to the best of our ability

on gnrevolution we encourage all points of view and freedom of speech....and we also strive to maintain a high quality of discussion but also a bit of lightheartedness  to balance it out

as long as you dont break the pretty simple rules of the forum (No insulting, no spamming, no posting official material) then there is no good reason that you should not be allowed to post here

i dont care if irving azoff or george bush junior himself requests it, they arent the administrators here gnrevolution exists for the posters not for management

Why I love this board. No mod or lame administrator getting into pissing contests on who can
suck Axl's balls the best. Just think, a fan board actually for the fans... Who'd a thunk it. 16

Board footer