You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: hey james, would you cave?

081608.jpg

i have been able to confirm through reliable sources working for MYGNR and CD.com that guns n' roses manager irving azoff has been on a rampage. MYGNR moderators have privately confirmed that azoff was ultimately responsible for me being banned. while that is unfortunate, fans at least appear to still be able to discuss the situation.

however, over on CD.com, a strict anti-MSL policy has been instituted at the request of azoff. in fact, moderators have been told to remove all mentions of mistersaintlaurent.com.

chat with mister (3:51:18 AM): are you the only one who knows?
xxxxxxxx (3:51:23 AM): Knows about?
chat with mister (3:51:28 AM): about the new policy?
xxxxxxxx (3:52:02 AM): The Mods are afraid to even talk about the policy.

so james, if azoff contacts you, will you banish me too? wink

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This site doesn't desire to lick the ass of the GNR camp. Never has, never will. Thats always been how we operate since the beginning of the old site, and we will stay the course.

This site isn't about trying to get in good with the GNR camp hoping for a "contact". This site is for the members, not about setting lame agendas.

You have never done anything to warrant a ban here, and as long as you follow the few simple rules of this site(which you have always done), you can continue posting here for as long as you like.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Does this mean we get MSL exclusivity?  Time to update our motto

"GnRevolution...now with more MSL"

well with mistersaintlaurent.com now getting 16,000 hits a day instead of 200, it couldn't hurt for me to try to start mentioning gnrevolution.com. i'll make sure to mention the site in my next blog. couldn't hurt to point out that this place isn't censoring it's users like the other boards.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

i'll make sure to mention the site in my next blog. couldn't hurt to point out that this place isn't censoring it's users like the other boards.

That wouldn't hurt at all.:laugh:

If this thread is going to continue, I'd like to say that I hope forum bashing is kept to a minimum. Not saying you are bashing, but I know what direction these types of things can go. Each forum is a different beast. Each site has its own goals. The goals of this site differ from all the others. We aren't looking for "contacts". We aren't looking for acceptance. We're not gonna ride GNR sycophants' gravy trains until the wheels fall off. We aren't looking to be the next HTGTH or mygnr like other sites.

This site and the quality of this site speaks for itself. What you see is what you get.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

w00t! Awesome dude. MSL is our hero smile.

And seriously, thank god GNRev is such a well run kick ass site. Props for always being a site for the fans, not the management.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Can't say this situation surprises me.

One thing I've always loved about this board is its "free speach" approach where it allows the fans to talk openly about what is going on with GNR - good or bad. It's a contrast to some places where things are moderated to the extent that its become propaganda.

On the other hand - it's one thing to share demos and leaks when the album seemed like it may have never been coming out - it's another to make public the song that appears to be GNR's first single in 10 years - and release to the net it just a few weeks short of the song legally going public in rockband. Then you've pretty much said your doing it just to get your own site known and name public. Just as Axl didn't like people selling bootlegs of shows and riding off his coattails - I doubt he will enjoy you getting a fame boast from leaking his surprise new track.

Don't get me wrong MSL...as a fan of the band I was pumped to hear SR and thus a part of me enjoyed your efforts and was thankful that it happened. Just like as a fan of the band I will still buy the official singles and albums when they come out no matter what's availaible for free on the net.

But you can't be surprised that GNR mangement is gunning for you now. This move could have seriously damaged their business plans - i mean how do they nut out exclusivity deals for future games like Rockband - or for CD release in stores - or for a single release - when people are putting out the same stuff for free online?

It's one thing to leak demos when an album is years off. it's another to leak what seems to be a mastered version of a song that was about to be officially released with a huge fanfare. You can see that they will consider that a hostile act to their business smile

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Another thing you should consider is that only us hardcore forum fans have really heard it.  I don't think that Rock Band 2 fans are really waiting for a new GN'R track.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I am a poster that always sees two sides of the coin. I can understand fans' frustrations with the band etc and it seems leaking this is great and the thing to do.

I can see the band's side also though where this is the HUGE comeback we've been waiting for and to have someone prematurely fuck that come back up, not to mention the lucrative deal they have with Rockband2. U can't blame them for being royally pissed.

Having a GNR webforum is a PRIVILEGE not a right.  They can send u a cease and desist order in a second and make you takedown any Copyrighted GNR material. If Axl doesnt want u using his likeness or name or any of the material, they can make u take it down.

So its definitely a fine line of what u can allow and what u cant.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Rex wrote:

Another thing you should consider is that only us hardcore forum fans have really heard it.  I don't think that Rock Band 2 fans are really waiting for a new GN'R track.

True smile

But then its obvious that there was some business deal involved. I mean as far as we know - the song is currently exclusive to rockband - and the rockband people were doing a lot of PR about how cool it is that the new game features the first new track from CD and so on. So they won't enjoy this happening. Even though fans get the song sooner and are stoked. I'm just saying business dudes will be PISSED OFF big time by this.

You know like if it wasn't a big deal that the song was in the game - they wouldn't have mentioned it in that tv show thing with the 3 people from the game company - they wouldn't have given out press releases promoting the new song in the game - and they wouldn't have made retractions about the utube video...they obviously give a shit is all i'm saying smile

Board footer