You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Lay Your Cards on the Line

buzzsaw wrote:

1. Who broke up the old band?
a. Axl

2. Do you want a reunion before Chinese Democracy-all original members only?
b. No

3. What is holding up Chinese Democracy?
a. Axl's perfectionism or his inability to finish the job

4. If it is business matters, who is at fault?
b. Axl

5. Assume Chinese is a smashing success, after all the current material is released, would you still want a reunion of the original band?
c. It depends on the circumstances

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

c. Fate
a. Yes
c. Axl is not happy with the material
b. Axl
a. Yes

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

1. Both A and B and many other things not mentioned.

2. b. No

3. a. Axl's perfectionism or his inability to finish the job

4. b. Axl

5. a Yes

the answer to #3 is the record company tea.gif

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … msg1012376

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

1. Who broke up the old band?
I dont think it's one person's fault but then again it was Axl that turned down the material Slash,Duff and the guys wrote for the next album.

2. Do you want a reunion before Chinese Democracy-all original members only?
No,reason being we have waited so long for this album and also it wouldnt be fair towad's the current line-up.

3. What is holding up Chinese Democracy?
I wish I knew.Saying anything on that would only be pure speculation.

4. If it is business matters, who is at fault?
Have no idea.

5. Assume Chinese is a smashing success, after all the current material is released, would you still want a reunion of the original band?
If all the rellavant persons agree yes,but I then wouldnt want it to be a permanent thing only because allthough i think a reunion would be awesome it just wouldnt be the same.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

the answer to #3 is the record company http://www.misterspunky.com/faces/tea.gif

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … msg1012376

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.

That really ups the ante on this whole mess. We could be near the end of this long journey, or its just begun. Only two real scenarios are possible at this point(if Mysteron is correct).

1. The album is done. Axl is restructuring his contract or some other obstacle is holding it back, and Uni has to decide what to do for things to proceed.

2. Axl decided to stop funding the project himself, and wants Uni to do it. They have refused. So the record company is holding it back because they wont pay for the album to be finished.

Not much middle ground at this point.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

1)I'm sure all 3 played a part
2)No I want CD
3)Perhaps all 3, perhaps none of the 3 hard to say.
4)Probably both
5)Yes

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whatever they're doing, they need to speed it up. The holidays this year are expected to be pretty bad. Uni having this album rushed in stores right before Christmas could make it an appealing stocking stuffer for shoppers without alot of cash. Cds are always a quick, easy, and relatively cheap gift. Its why each year there is usually at least one album that makes a killing(U2's album a few years ago being a prime example).

This could really help GNR get more record sales than they would at any other time. Might as well take advantage of a slumping economy. Price this album at around 8 bucks, and it'll fly off the shelves.

CD could easily be the top selling album during the holiday season.

Of course this scenario makes too much sense.....

Board footer