You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Lay Your Cards on the Line

Sky Dog wrote:

When I say what is holding the album up.....I mean what is holding the album up right NOW...not over the last decade because then all three scenarios came in to play. However, right now, I think it is purely business matters and the album/albums are in the can. Mysteron would not have said that without reason. Maybe that is why Baz is talking so much. He is trying to up the pressure on the record company by publicly talking about how great the album is. Get the fan base riled up against the record company. Helps Axl's position-desperate move I know, but something gotta get this thing out.

Good honest answers by all, except for one person who I figured wouldn't say anything. Some suprising opinions with some of you. See, you can't judge a book by it's cover!

Jim Bob, I meant nutswinger in a good way with you....you're consistent and you truly like the new band. Personally, I really only get in to Axl, Tommy, and Robin since Bucket and Brain left. As long as those three are still there, I am very interested.:)

ps I also respect Bumble alot as he really seems to have his heart in the right place and seems to be a very good man...that is worth something in my book. He is a standup guy.

AtariLegend wrote:

1. Who broke up the old band?

c. Fate-in other words, simply too much success too soon.

2. Do you want a reunion before Chinese Democracy-all original members only?

b. No (This is impossible anyway since Ole Beich drowned in 1991 -R.I.P.-)

3. What is holding up Chinese Democracy?

Both, I believe B will maybe used more as an excuse (It is just Speculation)

a. Axl's perfectionism or his inability to finish the job
b. Business Matters

4. If it is business matters, who is at fault?

Both, maybe Axl has too many demands, maybe the record company have changed their agenda

a. The Record company
b. Axl

5. Assume Chinese is a smashing success, after all the current material is released, would you still want a reunion of the original band?

b. No

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

1. Who broke up the old band?
  c. Fate-in other words, simply too much success too soon.

2. Do you want a reunion before Chinese Democracy-all original members only?
  a. Yes

3. What is holding up Chinese Democracy?
  secret option d. The material hasn't been good enough, so the record company rejected it.

4. If it is business matters, who is at fault?
  well, it's not business matters, it's a creative matter and who can you blame then?

5. Assume Chinese is a smashing success, after all the current material is released, would you still want a reunion of the original band?
  a. Yes - success or no success, I prefer the sound and songs of the pre-95 band. Assuming the leaks are the best of Axl's material  (it's an assumption, but not so far fetched), they have nothing on the best of Duff, Izzy and Slash's material combined.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

madagas wrote:

Good honest answers by all, except for one person who I figured wouldn't say anything. Some suprising opinions with some of you. See, you can't judge a book by it's cover!

I'm supposing this was directed at me ? Get a life. I don't know where you are but some of us sleep in the middle of the night, smart guy. roll And why are they "good, honest answers", because they share your opinion ? 16

Are you wanting me to be impressed that Mysteron said it was in the record company's hands now ? Again, I don't believe every line of bs that I hear. Mysteron has said things in the past that have meant nothing. Was his "expect the unexpected" comment a few months back supposed to mean that he knew the album was going to be held up next by a "business thing."  roll

Even if the ball is in the record company's hands now, it doesn't mean that it is anywhere near coming out. This "business thing" could be played out for an eternity just as all of these other obstacles have been over the years. I hope that I'm wrong, and it does actually comes out sometime in the near future, but I am by no means counting on it. I don't care what Mysteron says.

bba

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Can we drop the whole 'Get a life" thing? You're perfectly capable of making your points without those types of jabs. That goes for others, not just you.

You're right, Mysteron definitely isn't the most reliable person in the world. However, this is the first(or one of the first) time he has been that specific. He usually speaks in riddles or just some vague statement. While his statement may not amount to anything, it is definitely a change in course from the usual bullshit.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

You know what, I find all this talk about Axl's so-called perfectionism utter bull-crap, to be quite honest.

Nearly everything Axl has done since the break-up of the band has been horrible when compared to the
existing material. I'm thinking of things like Oh My God, Silkworms, Rhiad, etc... I'm thinking of (both) his VMA appearances, I'm thinking of the worst series of PR mishaps in the history of rock...

Axl is not a perfectionist, he is struggling to get enough acceptable material together. The new leaks are good, but nothing great. I think the reason for the delay is the fact that that's all that he has: a couple of good songs, no sure hit amongst them and too much filler.

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

When I say what is holding the album up.....I mean what is holding the album up right NOW...not over the last decade because then all three scenarios came in to play. However, right now, I think it is purely business matters and the album/albums are in the can. Mysteron would not have said that without reason. Maybe that is why Baz is talking so much. He is trying to up the pressure on the record company by publicly talking about how great the album is. Get the fan base riled up against the record company. Helps Axl's position-desperate move I know, but something gotta get this thing out.

If that's the case, then Axl needs to take his case to the people. If he would say this, his fanbase would be ringing Uni off the hook. They would release it just to stop getting phone calls.:haha:

James

James wrote:

One other thing regarding the Mysteron statement: They just crossed the line in the sand. It has went from being GNR as the reason for the hold up to the record company. They can no longer say "the album needs more work', 'Axl has to tidy up the vocals',etc.

They are implying that it is finished with that statement and is up to the record company.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

1. a
2. a
3. a
4. b
5. a

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jameslofton wrote:

One other thing regarding the Mysteron statement: They just crossed the line in the sand. It has went from being GNR as the reason for the hold up to the record company. They can no longer say "the album needs more work', 'Axl has to tidy up the vocals',etc.

I agree that Mysteron's latest comments are a change, but they could still go back to "the album needing more work." Axl has said that the album was done before, the cover art, all that good stuff. We know how that panned out. Axl, Merck and Mysteron said that the album was coming out last year, we know how that panned out. Things change all the time in the GN'R world. It's never ever their fault. It's always some unforseen obstacle. roll

I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if we were sititng here in November 2008 discussing why it still isn't out yet. Like I said, I hope that I'm wrong, but we'll see.

bba

Board footer