You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: If a fall 2008 tour is gonna happen....

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Who will replace Robin?  As much as I didn't care for his style in GnR, he has a "unique" style that won't be easy to replicate.

I've been thinking that too. I'm not a fan of a lot of his stuff..but his playing on the leaks - while not that technically hard - is distinctive - in terms of his style. It's going to get wierd when BBF is mimicking Bucket and then some other guy is playing like robin. Hmmm.

Then again we've had how many years where GNR was just 3 guys playing slash's parts all wrong...so i guess anything is possible.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
ereeper wrote:

It's funny that both releases over the last ten years are w/o Robin.  That's a pretty good sign right there.

14 Maybe that's been the real cause of the delay...robin's been learning the guitar 16 I did notice he played closer to the recorded versions of AFD in 07 than in 02. 16

In all seriousness though. Its not good that there is no line up. Axl seems to like to find replacements and get them on the album in some form. We can only hope that he doesn't bother with robins replacement and just replaces him live.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm telling you guys. Don't be shocked if Guns N' Roses do tour, and this is their lineup...

Lead Vocals: W. Axl Rose
Lead Guitar: Slash
Rhythm Guitar: Izzy Stradlin/Richard Fortus
Bass: Duff McKagen
Drums: Frank Ferrer
Keys: Dizzy Reed

I would not be shocked in the least with the current state of this lineup, if the rumors were true and CD saw a big 4-albums at once release, and a reunion to go along with it.

At this point, it seems Axl's just trying to pinch this turd off. (not that CD is a turd, but you know what I mean)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I know there's been a few theories over the years regarding a possible mish mash of old/new members, but a lineup such as that just isn't feasible. Slash and Izzy/Fortus cannot play any CD tunes, and the massive amount of people who would buy tickets for an Axl/Slash show are going to be yelling for Fortus and Frank to get off the fucking stage.

Would be a bad idea in my opinion. Either launch CD or do a reunion. No meeting in the middle because the road it leads to is disaster.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm telling you guys. Don't be shocked if Guns N' Roses do tour, and this is their lineup...

I would not be shocked in the least with the current state of this lineup, if the rumors were true and CD saw a big 4-albums at once release, and a reunion to go along with it.

At this point, it seems Axl's just trying to pinch this turd off. (not that CD is a turd, but you know what I mean)

I would be very surprised and disappointed if that were to happen.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Wishful thinking IMO.

They can release an album without Robin, if they're not touring it. It is a situation they're in and it's hard to get out of that spot. Speaks for itself when they only stated they would handle it when it was time to handle it. It means they're in a tight spot and don't know what to do.

But Axl and Slash? Get back to me in 2 years with that question. GNR without Tommy Stinson? Nah.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

GNR without Tommy Stinson? Nah.

Really?  He doesn't even like GnR.  I can see saying New GnR though.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

GNR is GNR, if you don't like it, go ask Duff and Slash why they didn't have the balls to stand up to Axl all those years ago.

As for touring, they could easily do it as Axl, tommy, rich, ron, chris, dizzy and frank. If Axl still wants 3 guitarists, he can easily find someone of Robin's caliber. For all we know he's already got someone.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea.

But I wouldn't be shocked if some sort of reunion were to happen at CD's release, with NO CD songs being played at the shows.

GN'R have been the KINGS of horrible ideas, and bad decision making.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

FlashFlood wrote:

fortus is more than capable of pulling off robins solos.

What makes you think that? The leaks he isn't on? The solos he doesn't ever play? The lead part Axl doesn't let him touch? Show me video or audio of something that indicates Richard can do what Robin does. Right now I think you're just guessing and hoping.

Richard SHARES RHYTHM PARTS ON AFD. Get over him. We have no idea how good he is or isn't.

Board footer