You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: If a fall 2008 tour is gonna happen....

Sky Dog wrote:

He plays solos during all the shows....his duet with Robin plus his own solos. Personally, when I saw them at Hammerstein, I thought Richard was a better player than Robin. Richard could be a solid lead player if needed, probably better lead than rhythm. I don't care for his punchy rhythm style....but that is just me. The outro to the Blues is clearly Richard in my opinion.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Richard SHARES RHYTHM PARTS ON AFD. Get over him. We have no idea how good he is or isn't.

get a grip CC fortus is a guitar god...... if you wanna hear some wicked guitar work check this bad boy out 9

Communist China wrote:

We have no idea how good he is or isn't.

You must have listened to the solo(s) he and Robin did together during the 2006/2007 tours, though?

He also plays some lead parts during You Could Be Mine, Think About You and November Rain and obviously the outro on The Blues and the solo in Madagascar live.

I'd at least say that we're capable to figure out that he's a good guitar player.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He should be fired for that Madagascar solo. Most atrocious solo I've ever heard in my life. IF they tour again, I REALLY hope Axl has Bumble do it.

Sky Dog wrote:

well, I agree about Madagascar that just isn't his style. Richard is a more traditional player...really, more in the *gasp* Slash mode. Don't tell Nesquick I said that.:haha:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I heard him, I hated his Maddy solo and his TAY and YCBM were nothing special. His NR I enjoyed and The Blues outro is pretty good but Robin KILLS on that tune and if you're telling me Fortus' work on The Blues compares to Robin's, or indicates he could handle the whole solo you must be joking.

Robin's parts need to be divided between Ron and a new player. Fortus can play lead on songs but his solos aren't anything to write home about.

No, all I'm saying is that we sure are capable to judge him as a guitar player and that he's not a bad one.

That's it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

fortus is a professional musician. if you saw gnr live in 2006/2007, and you saw his solos between songs, you cannot possibly make the point that he cant play robins parts. you just cant.

ps. how the hell do you know who plays on the tracks? just guessing who is on the rhythm parts? the reality is you have no clue, because these songs have not been leaked with writing credits. chinese democracy, rhiad, better, if the world, shacklers, and irs all have rhythm parts that he could have easily played on.

Sky Dog wrote:

nope, not joking CC, I am in the minority here, but I can't stand the last part of Finck's The Blues solo. That little whoop tee do right at the end makes me cringe. Now, I love his Better solo and his solo in TWAT but I think any guitar player could pull those off note for note. Don't get me wrong, I like Robin and would ultimately prefer him in the band over Richard because I like his presence, industrial riffs and his eclectic personality. The new Gnr only needed two players....Bucket on lead and Finck on rhythm with some lead splashed in.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

FlashFlood wrote:

fortus is a professional musician. if you saw gnr live in 2006/2007, and you saw his solos between songs, you cannot possibly make the point that he cant play robins parts. you just cant.

ps. how the hell do you know who plays on the tracks? just guessing who is on the rhythm parts? the reality is you have no clue, because these songs have not been leaked with writing credits. chinese democracy, rhiad, better, if the world, shacklers, and irs all have rhythm parts that he could have easily played on.

I saw them in 06. I don't think he can play Robin's parts.

Board footer