You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: If a fall 2008 tour is gonna happen....

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

But can Richard do this?

2770358548_5e4a0d718e.jpg?v=1218956096

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

fortus is a professional musician. if you saw gnr live in 2006/2007, and you saw his solos between songs, you cannot possibly make the point that he cant play robins parts. you just cant.

ps. how the hell do you know who plays on the tracks? just guessing who is on the rhythm parts? the reality is you have no clue, because these songs have not been leaked with writing credits. chinese democracy, rhiad, better, if the world, shacklers, and irs all have rhythm parts that he could have easily played on.

Fortus himself has confirmed he isn't on tracks in 05, 06, and 07.

Not sure why Fortus lovers still cant come to terms with that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Oh and what I find funny is that Fortus can play cello and other assorted instruments, yet Axl has to go to outside help for such things.

That'll tell ya all you need to know about Fortus and Axl's confidence in his abilities.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

But can Richard do this?

blow wood? 16

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

If I'd have to replace Robin, I might try out Zim Zum.

Yup, the erstwhile Marilyn Manson member.

New band MySpace

While Zim Zum's sound is a bit more 'electric' than Robin's, I'd imagine he could strike a good balance between Ron and Fortus, bringing the overall soundscape closer to Bucket than what it was during the recent tours.

The only problem would be that at that point the whole guitar section would be different than the guys who wrote and recorded the album.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl can always steal Aaron North from Trent's army. That is if he can deal with all the gay sex.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

james thats flawed logic. dizzy plays guitar too but doesnt play guitar on the album, same thing with axl. just because you play something doesnt mean you specialize in it. i dont see how his cello abilities translate to axls faith in him. there is no doubt in the world that fortus can play any note that robin plays. that isnt being a fortus lover, that is sitting here and saying objectively that he is an accomplished enough player to do so.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, actuall listen to Fortus' cello contribution on Without a View, track 1 from Tommy's Village Gorilla Head.....nice cello work. Commy, you shouldn't have posted that pick.:laugh:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Madagas, that pic is so funny it needed to be posted. It wasn't a serious point.

misterID wrote:

Axl can always steal Aaron North from Trent's army. That is if he can deal with all the gay sex.

If you wanna see butchering of classics, hire Aaron North for GNR. A whole new wave of respect for Robin would kick in once Aaron got to play SCOM. The guy's a lot like Richard actually.

Board footer