You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: If a fall 2008 tour is gonna happen....

Saikin wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
Communist China wrote:

We have no idea how good he is or isn't.

You must have listened to the solo(s) he and Robin did together during the 2006/2007 tours, though?

He also plays some lead parts during You Could Be Mine, Think About You and November Rain and obviously the outro on The Blues and the solo in Madagascar live.

I'd at least say that we're capable to figure out that he's a good guitar player.

Madagascar?!  Fortus should be shot for that. 

He is a good guitar player, but we really don't have much of an idea how good or how bad he actually is considering we haven't heard much from him.

Sky Dog wrote:

CC, I didn't figure you were serious...;)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He should be fired for that Madagascar solo. Most atrocious solo I've ever heard in my life. IF they tour again, I REALLY hope Axl has Bumble do it.

YEah but so should Bucket...lol...I've never understood the praise for that solo...i'll grant the ending few bars of the solo at RIR3 were cool - but the rest of it always sounded like an unstructured noodle to me....maddy is a great song thats been crying out for an inspirational solo in the middle for quite a while now!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Show me video or audio of something that indicates Richard can do what Robin does. Right now I think you're just guessing and hoping.

Well he's a professional studio musician...which tells me he is going to be pretty damn competant on the guitar. I'd say he could probably play any of the parts except for the more specalised 10 finger tapping/stylistic parts of bucket. Most professional musicans at that level would be able to learn simplistic guitar parts like robins.

This video displays that he is clearly on Robin's level if not more advanced:

[youtube]BgrTe_sSlSc&feature=related[/youtube]

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Axl or Azoff, if you're reading this, assemble this lineup and all your worries go away....

Buckethead
Kim Thayil (to replace Finck)
Justine Frischmann (to replace Fortus)
Tommy Stinson
Dizzy Reed
Chris Pitman
Brain

Launch album. Tour. No butchered solos. No complaints. Problem solved.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not going to happen.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Axl or Azoff, if you're reading this, assemble this lineup and all your worries go away....

James

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not going to happen.

Of course not. Justine is a bigger hermit than Axl is, and Thayil obviously isn't gonna do anything until a Soundgarden reunion.

I just wanted to dream for a nanosecond.

However, Justine doing backing vocals on tour would be insane.

James

James wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Why is that funny? She can do all the rhythm work on the tracks, and what one or two solos she has difficulty with can be handled by someone else.

Oh and might want to go listen to her material and then Fortus' before laughing.

At least Justine knows how to actually write a tune.

James

James wrote:

She can handle the rhythm aspects of GNR.....

Board footer