You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: you know what would be awesomebeing played live, i could se

monkeychow wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:

i'd actually love to see them do hair of the dog live.

always liked that song before the guns cover on spaghetti incident - after finding out axl was a nazareth fan , i had a funny feeling i'd eventually hear a gn'r version.

and seriously almost crapped when i saw it had happened.

Yeah that's a killer track...

Seen this from back in the day?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Yeah, I know with the VMA rumor we've kind of been thinking if it would happen they'd play Shackler's Revenge but it could lead to another bad performance. I still think it might sound good but it's pretty risky when they know new songs like Better and The Blues sound good live and are do-able. But they need a rocker and Shackler's is certainly that. I wonder how Axl would do with that, if some of the layers would be reproduced by Pitman's computers or if like Tommy would sing too. Axl alone on it, where he can only sing one line at a time might not sound great.

I think he could pull it off if he takes the low part up an octave at the beggining.  Zombie did that with Living Dead Girl and it still sounded great. 

It all depends though.  It would be a difficult one to pull of live. 

As long as it doesn't sound like TWAT.  That blew.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It could work. They would rehearse the shit out of it most likely. IF they were too play they would need to play something new that rocks the fuck out. This song could fit that. If I were them I'd throw a curve ball and play something totally new that no one was heard.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

It could work. They would rehearse the shit out of it most likely. IF they were too play they would need to play something new that rocks the fuck out. This song could fit that. If I were them I'd throw a curve ball and play something totally new that no one was heard.

That would be their best course of action.  Just play a new song and kick everyone's asses.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

They should play Chinese Democracy, intro and all. That'd kick the fuck out of every pathetic asshole in that audience and all the other shitastic acts that play that night. Hell, they could play the intro through to the scream and just end it there, and it would still blow everyone out of their seats. That's a song they can pull off live and it's a song that announces to the world "Axl's back with a whole new Guns."

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Do you have a different version of CD than the rest of us do?  Seriously - none of the new songs are going to blow people away at the VMAs and announce anything.  They will get courtesy claps if they play anything other than the classics.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Then you have 3 chances for people to say it sucks...why would you do that?  The only way the genreal public is going to buy this is if you ease them into it.  You can't hit them with 90s music in 2008 and expect them to beg for more.

Sky Dog wrote:

so should they hit them with music from the 70's? Cause that's what the original band sounds like....

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Are you serious?  What were you listening to in the 70s, or better yet, what were you smoking when you were listening to music in the 70s?  They may have had influences that went back to the 70s (and even earlier), but they didn't sound like any of them.  If they sounded like 70s music, they'd have gotten played on MTV without any problems.

EDIT:  We aren't talking about the old band anyway, we're talking about a guy in his 40s without a band making music from the 90s and having a hard time releasing it.  What does that have to do with the old band other than the lead singer of both has the same name?

Board footer