You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Another sign Finck is gone??

misterID wrote:

But monkey, all it takes is for someone in the band to make the phone call. You'd think they'd be interested, wouldn't you?

Just found this on that other site by Axllynch:

I actually met Robin for the first time friday when he was headed into the QLA in Cleveland and the first and only thing I asked him was what was the deal with GNR and in a very roundabout way he pretty much said he wasnt sure and doesnt really communicate with the GNR guys and thats more done with management.  The one thing I will say, and maybe its because Trent's family was in the audience and he was back in Cleveland, but there is a very weird vibe about this tour.  Trent releasing a free album online was kinda the first clue, but Trent also said things like that people should enjoy the show because who knows how many more shows there will be and it ended with a very cool finale with every band member waiving goodbye as they one by one left the stage as the song became stripped to just Trent on the keyboards and then him waiving.  Robin also was highlighted a lot more than in previous shows.  He had more solos than usual and there were several whole songs where Robin was in the middle of the stage and Trent was to the side.  The show felt to me like a goodbye tour in all honesty and next year itll pretty much be 20 years since PHM so that might explain Robin doing the tour (which just added more dates).  I also felt sad that nothing ever came out when the band had Robin and Josh Freese...those guys are so entertaining and original.  Freese plugging in the beats on a giant video beatbox was hilarious and cool and he played flawlessly all night.  Both Freese and Robin seemed really into everything out there and Trent even attempted to go the entire show without using the F word, although he messed up a few times.  I  wouldnt be surprised if Trent told people this would be the last NIN tour and thats why Robin went.  I dont want to read into Robin's comments, but I was disappointed to hear that he speaks to the GNR guys through management...just makes everything seem a bit cheap.  Also i like his look a lot better now than when he looked like a homeless man, its not really goth like in the 90's its pretty put together.

Thought it was interesting, but I hate that I had to got to that site. I need a shower.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

he speaks to the GNR guys through management

He's gone. The issues with management probably have to deal with various album credits and other issues like that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You know, if that really did happen with Robin and the fan, and if there is that big of a disconnect in the band with Axl I can see Robin just taking off and not telling anyone.  And not giving a shit. If you comunicate through managers, and God forbid Beta, that's lame and his attitude understandable.

I think his whole tipped out rocker hippie look was aimed at the GNR fans, though, for calling him the goth freak and wanting a more "classic rock" looking guy in the band. I can totally understand his whole not giving a shit attitude.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

His Frusciante period. I loved it. Badass Gypsy motherfucker.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's pretty interesting. Although to be honest it sounds like its been that way since the old band post the illsuion tour.

There's countless interviews where people say they come to a studio and wait for Axl to be there, or they do or don't know what is happening at any stage. Look at the interview Zakk gave about his involvment....that was all messed up by the lawers and managment and stuff too.

The whole band is definately run like a business in the sence that the band members are employees, but its not a smoothly oiled business in that it seems theres a lot of delays and negotiations over things - like who is in the band - that would be quite fast to orginise you'd expect.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

He's not sure? No one is sure then. Haha.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

why does Axl need a band? The recording is done. There is no release date for a record, there are no scheduled promotional activities, and there are no tour dates. He gave a song to a video game. Big fucking deal. I'm sick of this shit. Monday Monday.......

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl needed a band to create better music than he was capable of doing alone.  We don't know that recording is done.  We don't know if Robin is or isn't gone.  We don't know if CD will ever be released (much less anytime soon).

I would find it somewhat funny that they did all these tours (or tried to) without releasing an album and now people think he's going to release the album and not tour.  The only way that happens is if the reunion is a priority over the success of CD, and considering Axl's fragile ego, that's highly unlikely.  The only way I can see a reunion being a priority for Axl was if he was broke, in which case he'd do the reunion and then take the money to "improve" CD to where it can be successful.

Sky Dog wrote:

my point is I don't see him doing anything....thus, why does he need a band to do nothing?

Board footer