You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Another sign Finck is gone??

bigbri wrote:
war wrote:

when and where did bucket say that?????????

He didn't. Never has, never will. He doesn't communicate with fans that way. So the story is bogus.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Didn't Robin used to answer e-mails all the time from GN'R fans?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Axlin08 wrote:

Didn't Robin used to answer e-mails all the time from GN'R fans?

Well 'all the time' is an exaggeration and he would not talk about CD ever. I don't remember him touching on anything that was GNR-related. Just artwork and poems and that shit. By being in an NIN chat he's opening a line of communication very direct. I don't know what he will or won't contribute, but if does do a chat with fans as NIN has done before, when he never did chats with GNR fans (Ron did several), it would suggest he's happier and has more pride with NIN.

I agree with JordanRose it isn't much use to assume he's certainly out, but it looks more and more that way. I can imagine why he wouldn't want to tour for CD - the setlists wouldn't change for sure, he'd be with musicians that weren't on the album, the shows would still start very late and frustrate fans and non-Axl bandmembers alike, Azoff is the king of reunions and he'd be dropped for Slash in a heartbeat, he would have no future beyond the tour while the longer he's with NIN the more responsibility for the studio and live music he'll get, NIN fans want him and GNR fans don't (generalization), etc.

I get why he'd want to be there at the end of the project, but it's looking more and more like the end won't be that special after all. NIN has a brighter future than GNR even if Guns drops 4 albums and schedules an arena tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I get why he'd want to be there at the end of the project, but it's looking more and more like the end won't be that special after all.

I agree. A big part of the life/myth/whatever you want to call it got sucked out of the project after the 02 implosion and the Bucket departure two years later. Once another attempt in 06 happened and nothing, Finck was probably in cruise control to finish out the 07 tour. The time for new GNR to establish its own identity/legacy died when Bucket walked out the door. The album can still be great, but the visions of two entirely different eras of the band are long gone.

Its another reason for Axl to market this like NIN. It was always a revolving door anyways, so just concentrate on cementing his own legacy and don't even bother with these other guys. Axl is light years above the current lineup talent wise, image wise,etc. Tell them to cash their chips in and go home. Axl can market this album a whole lot better alone than he can with this group of no names(Stinson the exception).

Not meaning that as a dig at the 08 lineup, but there's just nothing marketable about them at all. The world would be more accepting of Chinese Democracy if they see Axl on The Tonight Show joking about it and giving details than they would seeing an 08/09 lineup performing Shackler's Revenge.

Axl has been silent for years(stage rants aside). The release of Chinese Democracy gives him the perfect opportunity to reintroduce himself to Joe Public and finally tell his side of the story. Having to defend a 7 member lineup against the prior legacy isn't in his best interests. If he wanted to fry those sorts of fish, better build a time machine that will take him to an alternate 2001 timeline.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Did anyone click on the link in the first post of this thread? Robins posting stats at NIN.com are as follows:

forum posts: 0
contributions: 0 remixes, 0 comments

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He chats in the chat room. Doesn't post.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He chats in the chat room. Doesn't post.

Sly dog

He learnt his cunning ways from GNR obviously

Board footer