You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I heard on 610 radio this morning a black guy call up from North Philly. He made a few good points. I don't think it's in this article but one of them he states he enjoyed dealing drugs, everyone knew him, and "he even sold to some of these kids parents". Well, that isn't good to say your selling drugs to kids and parents with children. Actually it's a felony. Secondly, the judge stated the family & household is a mess, with pill & guns throughout (probably out in the open in the kids rooms). Again, a FELONY!! Third, Andy is notorious for getting & drafting "Character guys" with clean backgrounds & not going after players with a shady/criminal past. Well, that's kindof a double standard now, isn't it.

Then the radio host made a good point, are the investigators going to look into which doctor is prescriping these pills & renewing the prescriptions for this kid. Shouldn't he do jail time as well??

Shit's going to hit the fan over the next few days. If they beat Dallas, he should step down on Monday, thank the fans & spend time in isolation with his family. Us Philly fans will be happy he beat Dallas in his final game, there's no better way to go out other than winning the Super Bowl. If they lose to Dallas, shits going to hit the fan in epic proportions & be will he fired/resign.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, the Reid era needs to come to an end. He had a decent run. Better than he should have. Time to call it quits. If he wants to return to the NFL in the future, some team will hire him.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

For the first three weeks of the year I called the Bills the worst team in the league. Not only is that not true, but they've rebounded to hit an even .500 . I can't believe they've gotten to 4-4, and could easily be 6-2.

I am jumping the gun, but playoffs are a possibility. They still have 2 games against Miami, just one against the Pats.

The interesting part is that they play both the Jags and the Browns, sadly both on the road, but that's 2 games against teams looking at the playoffs seriously in the AFC.

Also have the Giants and Eagles to end the season.

I predict two wins against the Phins, a loss against Pats and Giants, then it comes down to winning 3 of 4 against Skins, Eagles, Jags and Browns.

9-7 is a possibility. And 9-7, with some luck, could be in the playoffs.

James

James wrote:

They're not going to the playoffs in that division. A team like Buffalo could make it in the NFC west, or maybe the AFC west, but that's it. Not trying to rain on your parade, but the AFC is too competitive for 9-7 teams in a wrapped up division to make it.

If a few teams in the AFC go on losing streaks, then their chances go from none to slim.

I do agree with you on one point: They aren't as bad as previously thought. They can build on whatever momentum they have and look forward to next year.

This NE-Indy game is interesting. This game isn't turning out like I expected. The Colts are exposing NE's  run defense for what it really is: pretty weak. Hell, Indy didn't even punt in the first half. They're basically draining the clock by running and the short passing game, and NE seems a bit confused. If NE winds up losing this game, they are in trouble. Expect every team to attempt to run the ball down their throats.

The Lions are now legitimate contenders in the NFC. I would put them at third behind GB and Dallas. Minnesota is looking good as well, and that division is going to be a bloodbath as we get down to the final weeks of the season. Whoever wins that division may be going to the SB.

Bengals have pretty much flushed their season down the toilet, and in even more serious news, Chad Johnson has suffered some sort of neck injury. Hopefully its not career ending.

Chargers, Chiefs, and Broncos lost, and the Raiders are currently losing. Its the worst division in the league, and we could possibly see the winner of this division be 8-8 or 7-9. I really hope the league is watching that division closely(as well as the NFC west) and considers implementing a new playoff system.

Saints are resurrecting their playoff hopes, and that division is pretty weak as well.

Back to the game......

James

James wrote:

Wow. NE pulls away barely with a win. They still have problems though. That defense isn't as good as previously thought. They are going to be put to the test in a few upcoming games, mainly the Ravens and Steelers. If they drop one(or both) of those games and then have trouble with the Giants offense at the end of the season, they will limp into the playoffs. They're obviously the best team in the league, but now the league knows they are not invincible.

I do believe they can still go undefeated, but that task just got more difficult.

Cleveland is for real, and I have been saying this all year: You do NOT want to play them in the playoffs. This team has "Cinderella" written all over it. Anyone remember that Lions team from 92 that came out of nowhere and made it to the NFC title game? This team is looking pretty similar.

Another team coming out of nowhere is Tennessee. If the AFC divisional playoff round is NE vs Cleveland and Indy vs Tennessee, we could easily see two upsets.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Not easily with homefield.

James

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Not easily with homefield.

Homefield isn't the "be all and end all" like its made out to be. Does it help? Sure, but it doesn't guarantee a victory. There have been enough wild card teams go to title games and SBs to prove that homefield doesn't guarantee you a spot in the SB.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

all I can say is that i'm proud of my Lions. I hope they can keep this up.

James

James wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

all I can say is that i'm proud of my Lions. I hope they can keep this up.

Its gonna be tough. They can do it, but they are gonna have to keep on winning. Need to play mistake free the rest of the way.They can lose a couple more, but they gotta win those division games. Chicago collapsing really blew the lid off that division. Its ripe for the picking.

Can anyone imagine a scenario where Detroit has home field advantage? It would be insane. The crowd would be going ballistic.

Their chances in the playoffs aren't too good considering its a young and pretty inexperienced team. It would help that franchise tremendously though.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, we are starting to figure out which teams are for real, and which are out of the playoffs (Eagles). I wish Indy won, but they did expose alot about NE. They're LB's are pretty old, don't know they will keep it up all year. I didn't know Buffalo was 4-4, they really turned it around. Marshawn Lynch is a great player too, just that Adrian Peterson is stealing all the thunder. Deservedly so, that guys a stud. Glad Cleveland is doing well, the AFC wildcard will come down to the final week. Whereas I think the NFC might just be between WASH, DET & NYG. I give Wade Phillips credit, he's done a good job with Dallas, unlike Norv Turner & SD. I thought coaching would be an issue for them. Say what you want, but Tony Romo is pretty good. I'm not saying he's great, but for a guy outta nowhere he's doing a really good job. Alot of teams 1st round picks aren't as good as him (Aaron Smith at SF, Byron Leftwich etc) & a few others are still unproven (Brady Quinn, Leinart etc).

I agree with you James about the AFC West & NFL rethinking it's playoffs, I don't think they will, but the 4 team division is a joke. Only 2 wildcard teams?? What if Det Wash & NYG all finish 11-5 & only 2 make the wildcard but the AFC West team goes 8-8 or even worse 7-9? That'd be a disgrace.

Board footer