You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:

Pats massacred the Bills. Dear Lord. They scored on their first 7 possessions. Nothing is going to stop that team. They're going undefeated. The only way they will lose is in an upset in the AFC title game between Pit, Cleveland, or maybe the Jags.

The Bills can now be officially ruled out of any playoff scenario discussions.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The Pats are looking scary James but I think they may still be stopped shy of the perfect season.  The best remaining hope is the Steelers on 12/9.  As dominate as the Patriots have been they barely beat the Colts and this was a Colts team that were missing some key players and definitely not at a 100%.  Hope remains.

The most ironic thing that could happen would be if Miami were the team to stop the perfect run.  Granted this is one hell of a long shot but it's perfect.  It couldn't be written any better in a fictitious story.  You have the only team that has had a perfect season going against the team that is making a run at a perfect season.  To make the story even juicier it is highly likely that Miami will still be winless and that NE will still be lossless.  Add to that the fact Miami has seemed to have New England's number over the past few seasons regardless of how crappy they were doing as a ball club at the time.  Wouldn't it be perfect?  Maybe Chinese Democracy will be released the following Tuesday as well...back to reality.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

The most ironic thing that could happen would be if Miami were the team to stop the perfect run.  Granted this is one hell of a long shot but it's perfect.  It couldn't be written any better in a fictitious story.  You have the only team that has had a perfect season going against the team that is making a run at a perfect season.  To make the story even juicier it is highly likely that Miami will still be winless and that NE will still be lossless.  Add to that the fact Miami has seemed to have New England's number over the past few seasons regardless of how crappy they were doing as a ball club at the time.  Wouldn't it be perfect?  Maybe Chinese Democracy will be released the following Tuesday as well...back to reality.

Interesting theory... any given Sunday, right. Anyway, yeah they might even have Ricky Williams back by then too. Who knows. The Steelers are the best shot, then NYG the final week. I wouldn't rule out Baltimore either, they HAVE to start winning games & if Ray Lewis can return to his old form for 1 more game, it's possible.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nobody mentioned that McNabb got hurt again

as for the pats beating Buffalo...is it a shock really? still bills can pull it out i think a playoff spot is not out of the realms of reality, they are still 5-5 which is alot better than most peopel would have pegged them to be at this point of the season

damn brady got 5 TD's last night, put his at 38 or somethign with 6 games left....what is the QB record again? Peyton Manning w/ 42 ? i think thats it...and who woulda guessed that Moss and Owens would be kicking ass like this again yikes

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

McNabb getting hurt is the reason the Eagles won. Their back-up is a much better quaterback. Donovan should retire.

James

James wrote:

nobody mentioned that McNabb got hurt again

It happens all the time. Its like getting a cup of coffee in the morning. No big deal.:haha:

I didn't watch that game, but I watched some highlights. He was atrocious. McNabb needs to retire. He had a decent run, now its time to head out to pasture. Any team that goes after him next season has disaster written on its forehead.

Another QB that needs to retire is McNair.

As far as the Pats go, you cant beat a team that can put up 50 points consistently. The 86 Bears or 88 49ers would have major trouble with this team, but you guys think the Dolphins, Ravens, Giants, or Steelers might beat them? No way in hell. This is history in the making folks.

Not only is Brady breaking records, but Moss is about to break Rice's record set in 87.

Communist China

Yeah the Pats might just do it. In fairness to the Bills, the Pats were coming off of a bye week and don't have anywhere near the injury trouble of most other teams in the NFL. Once I knew Marshawn Lynch wasn't going to play, I knew the Bills weren't going to win. But I didn't expect it to be that bad.

A few times early on things could have gone better. That pre-snap penalty that was thrown about 8 seconds after a 20 yard run had been completed, and the defense's failure to force a punt after getting (a much deserved) intentional grounding call on Brady who was running for his sissy life.

If they go undefeated, they deserve an *  by their mark. They cheated. And it was proven. No one ever proved Barry Bonds took steroids and I don't believe he did, but it's undeniable that Bill Belicheck is a cheater. And his character is a disgrace to the league. But so be it.

I also have a problem with Brady's whining to the refs every time a pass is incomplete. He looks like Sydney Crosby did in his rookie year. You are a football player and you will get hit if you slide while a 250 pound man is going full speed, a half step behind you. Suck it up, pussy.

James

James wrote:

I don't think the Bills can really be blamed. They faced one of the greatest teams in history. Of course they were going to lose. As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, the Bills just need to look forward to next year. Had they got off to a better start this year, they would be a wildcard contender.

I don't agree with the * next to their record. All teams do shit like that to get an advantage. Schula did shit in the 70's, and some of those  teams back then put superglue on their hands so they could catch the ball. I don't see any * next to their records.

I don't even question whether or not they go 16-0. They clearly are. The only questions now is do they get extremely arrogant after going 16-0 and will it affect their play? Can someone go in there and beat them in a playoff atmosphere? How do you even beat them? The Colts exposed a partial weakness to the Pats(run the ball down their throat to keep the clock running and try and keep the offense off the field), but is that really going to work? The only way it would work is if you scored a TD on each possession. Keep running, drain about 7 or 8 minutes off the clock, and then score. Get the ball back and do it again. This would turn a game into a minor shootout(mainly on the Pats part since they are running out of clock).

Pressure on Brady is key, but not easy. He needs people in his face constantly and to get hit on at least every other down to get him out of his rhythm. It never happens though. He is so good at audibles, and just lounges back there like he is on vacation deciding who he should throw a TD to.

James

James wrote:

One other thing:

if you think the Pats are dangerous now, wait until they get San Francisco's 1st round draft pick next season, which is going to be in the top 5(and possibly number one).

Belichick can either grab the top college star(they need a RB), or trade that pick for a ton of draft picks and have the dynasty be set in place for years. Thats the scary thing about this team. This Pats run may have just started.

Communist China

How is the Pats cap situation? Shouldn;t everyone on that team be demanding a 2-3 mil raise, and shouldn't other teams in the league be making big plays at their linemen and WRs? How much is Brady payed?

Board footer