You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

NY Giants82 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

first QB to get 3 td's per game for the first 6 cool

And he's on pace to break Peyton's single season TD record. We could see several records broke this season with that team.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

How about Adrian Peterson for Minnesota?? That guys a horse right now. 20 carries for 220 yards? Him & Hestor were going at it yesterday. Peterson's gonna run away with the rookie of the year award if he keeps this up, no doubt.

Is Calvin Johnson still playing, he got hurt against PHI & I haven't heard his name since, not sure if he's still injured.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

oh yeah i maybe getting free seats to see the bengals at the bills in November

Corporate Box Seats! 9 if it goes through that will own, and it'll be my first NFL game

Hope it works out for you.  I didn't get to see my first game when I went.  I was taken to the hospital before kickoff.  :sick:

Another interesting note in my history of going to NFL games is that I went to the first MNF game after 9/11.  It was Washington at Green Bay.  The National Anthem had a strange feel to it that night and there was an uneasy feeling all night that there might be an attack at the game.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

How about Adrian Peterson for Minnesota?? That guys a horse right now. 20 carries for 220 yards? Him & Hestor were going at it yesterday. Peterson's gonna run away with the rookie of the year award if he keeps this up, no doubt.

No doubt 100%. He is an absolute stud. If he stays healthy, we'll be mentioning his name in the same breath as Tomlinson, L. Johnson, etc.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Kudos the the Giants man

manning is pretty solid this year, nearly 70% complete last night an 60% on the season so far as well as battling through that injury 5

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I have to admit I thought the Giants would tank it this year. A lame duck coach, young QB, veterans who are outspoken. It really could have gone either way. But they all stepped it up this year & fight. Also credit goes out to the coach for loosening it up a little this year & joking around with the players a little more. Not many people adapt like that, I always pictured Coughlin as pretty stubborn & a "My way or the Highway" type of guy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

We really need to realize that we are watching perhaps the best QB of all time in his prime.

I wouldn't go that far. No one will ever touch Montana, although Brady is as close as it gets. Other than the fact Montana was a genius, every target he had to throw to was a dangerous weapon. Brady is entering a similar phase in his career, and is doing it younger than Montana did. Lets see Brady go to a team like Detroit and take them to a title game.

The main thing that will always separate Montana from the rest of the elite is he was THE clutch player. He was Michael Jordan before there ever was a Michael Jordan.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i dunno Brady is pretty damn cool under pressure

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dunno Brady is pretty damn cool under pressure

You should have seen Montana. At the SB against the Bengals where they were losing and time was running out, teammates talked about how in the huddle he was mentioning how he noticed John Candy in the audience. He threw the winning TD.

One thing I will never forget, and this happened in the twilight of his career, he took an average team(the Chiefs) into Houston(Oilers back then). Buddy Ryan's defense was the talk of the league, and Buddy and his players were trash talking. Montana tore that defense apart in prime time, and the Oilers never recovered. Its one of the best ownings in league history.

Also, Montana is one of the main reasons that kick ass Bears team of the mid 80's only won one SB instead of being a dynasty.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah all i know of montana is the sega genisis game 16

I kinda wished i was a football fan back then. but there is still some damn good talent these days from what i can see...even in the up and comers

Board footer