You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

haha, is mcnabb gonna be playing?

No, which means the Eagles chances of winning increased from absolute zero to no chance in hell.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

The Pats will cover that spread easily. The score will probably be something like 50-6.

I would say this is a fairly close estimate to the final score.  The Pats are just insane this year.

The one I'm looking for today will be the most anticipated game since the Pats/Colts game (which held up to the hype), the Packers and the Cowboys.  I really hope Green Bay destroys these guys.  No offense to anyone here but I just simply detest the Cowboys and have for a very long time.  My two favorite NFL teams are Kansas City (yeah...I know sad) and whoever is playing Dallas.  Hopefully Favre will just give me another reason to cheer his comeback today.

Damn, I was just looking at injury updates and the Packers to a hit against their win over Detroit on Thanksgiving. 

Injuries Green Bay suffered on Thanksgiving:

Receiver Donald Driver, defensive backs Charles Woodson and Aaron Rouse, right tackle Mark Tauscher and defensive linemen Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Ryan Pickett and Colin Cole.

This sucks.  Hopefully "golden boy" Romo will get a healthy helping of defense shoved in his face and throw three or four interceptions.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Its too bad that game is going to be on NFL Network.  I would really like to see it, but we dont get that channel.  It pisses me off that the NFL does that.  You would think that they would want it to get the most ratings possible, but instead they use it to prop up their fucking channel.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Tommie wrote:

I am really not looking forward to Sunday night.

I am. Any given Sunday. Plus I hope TKO's gonna go ballistic on Brady. I hope the Eagles do some damage & put up a good fight. The spread doesn't mean shit. Only means gamblers have always been betting NE that the spread is always sliding, so this week they opened it with something ridiculous hoping gamblers actually bet AGAINST NE. It's not indicative of the two teams. People think McNabb being out is a problem, but AJ Feeley is something like 9-1 with the Eagles. Add in Garcia our backups are like 14-2 under Andy Reid. With almost all games having playoff implications. Also we tend to run the ball more with backups, so Westbrook & Buck with be in the gameplan bigtime. We'll see if NE's old ass linebackers can keep up. I hope somebody gets knocked the fuck out tonight!!!

It's on tonight!!

"Ain't gonna be no rematch..."

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Its too bad that game is going to be on NFL Network.  I would really like to see it, but we dont get that channel.  It pisses me off that the NFL does that.  You would think that they would want it to get the most ratings possible, but instead they use it to prop up their fucking channel.

Yeah the NFL Network is annoying, they cause these problems themselves. They're asking for fee's from the cable companies higher than channels like MTV & CNN??!  Something like over $1.00 per household whereas MTV & CNN etc charge only like $.80 or so (They make their money off ad sales). The Big Ten football is trying this too, what's worse is they want it across the whole country, NOT just the Big Ten states. So an SEC fan in Tennessee is really going to want to see Ohio St play Perdue??

James

James wrote:

Giants are done. That loss is devastating. They're still in the playoff hunt, but it doesn't matter. First round exit if they make it. This loss gives the Lions new life. If the Lions win the rest of their games, they're gonna get in. Too bad Philly has to play NE, because this NY loss put them right back in it. Skins could have been in the race but they lost today. If Arizona holds on to their lead today and the Giants lose again, Arizona is in the wildcard hunt. In the offseason, the Giants have some questions they have to ask themselves, the main one being what to do with Eli Manning. He's too inconsistent to ever be an elite QB, and its time for the organization and Giants fans to realize that.

Titans loss today was HUGE. The Colts can breathe a sigh of relief, and this puts the Jags in the hunt for the division title and a step closer to securing a wild card slot, and Cleveland is now closer to getting a playoff spot as well. Titans getting blown out by the Bengals is a sure sign they are not ready yet to play with the "big boys".

If the Chargers hold on to that lead, the Ravens season is officially over, and they will just be battling for draft position next year. Saints beat the Panthers in a game that's pretty much meaningless. As long as the Bucs keep winning, there's nothing anyone in that division can do. Bucs are in control of their own playoff destiny. Bucs beat the Skins, and if a couple teams continue sliding and the Skins can get a few more victories, that could be a preview of a first round playoff matchup.

Cleveland wins again, and are really proving themselves a team not to ignore. Houston had a small shot at a wildcard, but that is pretty much over. Jags kill the Bills, and the Bills are pretty much just fighting for draft position at this point. Chiefs lose to the Raiders in a pretty much meaningless game. Chiefs needed a win to stay in the division hunt. Still have a chance, but its not a very good chance.

If Minnesota had started out the season hot, they would be the top team in the NFC. That team must get a good QB in the offseason. If they do, expect the Vikes to start showing up in preseason SB predictions.

Seattle beats the Rams, and is basically winning the division by default, although the Cards are trying to get a chance at it.

Denver beating Chicago by two TDs, and Chicago is also a team just fighting for draft position at this point. Chicago could also be a spoiler for some wildcard teams through the rest of the season.

Interesting day in football. A few key losses put some teams back in the hunt. Next week will be even more interesting with the huge Cowboys-Packers game. Whoever wins that may get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

For the record, I like the NFL Network. It could use a few improvements, but I don't understand the big backlash brewing.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Losman needs to be benched and then cut after the season. He's had too many chances, and never shown much potential. 20 JP completions usually equal about 140 passing yards, which is pathetic. He is incapable of throwing short or medium passes accurately, and is easily frustrated.

Besides, how many QBs, how lose 21 of their first 31 starts, are allowed to continue playing on that team?

Edwards is already better.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, I agree the Losman experiment was a failure. Bills need to make some quick decisions in the offseason. That team isn't as bad as many think, and could be in the wildcard hunt next year if they make a few key moves.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I'm watching it but can't believe it.  We are in the FOURTH quarter of the NE and Phi game and Philadelphia are winning 28-24!!  I know the game isn't over but this is a real game!!  No matter the outcome the Pats are showing some serious weaknesses in the middle.  Feeley has like 300 yds and 3 tds against the Pats defense, that shows problems for the Pats.  I don't dislike the Pats I just get sick of the Brady being overrated crap.  He is NOT at the same level as Peyton Manning, sorry but he isn't...period.  Brady is a very good QB with a stacked deck, clear and simple.  I'm not usually an Eagles fan but tonight I'm pulling for them big time!

Bears came back today and won in OT but they would need to run the table the rest of the season and that will be tough to do.  Good game however.  Gotta go, holding out for the Eagles to stop this drive the Pats are making and keep the lead or at least have an answer to it.  Who would have believed this would be a game!?

James

James wrote:

Wow. Pats just barely won the game. Eagles handed them the victory with a few minutes to go and Feeley was a moron and went for the endzone. Pats have been exposed(again). Lets see if one of their upcoming opponents takes advantage. Their D seems to be pretty weak when throwing passes in the 8-15 yard range. They don't give you much in the short or long passing game. Gotta go down the field in medium sized chunks of yards. Teams should run alot of 4 WR sets on these guys. Make it to where those safeties cant just sit back there waiting for picks. I would advise at this point not to run alot against this team, even though the Colts were pretty effective at it. No sense in allowing that D to get in the box. Keep them spread out all times.

NE is still the elite team of the league, but they are definitely beatable. Going 16-0 just got a bit more difficult, and that NE-Pit game is going to be huge.

Board footer