You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

NY Giants82 wrote:

If the playoffs were today, they would probably play the winner of Tampa/Detroit. They can beat either team. The next round, NFC Championship, would be tricky though.

THis is what I love about the NFL, any given Sunday, any team can beat any team.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

io think favre problem was he was trying to go toe to toe with Romo....if he woulda stuck to the game plan instead of trying to show up the kid GB prolly woulda been fine, anyway sucks he missed the second half

as for Romo, hes a cocky looking prick aint he? just looking at him makes me wanna punch him in the face 16

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

as for Romo, hes a cocky looking prick aint he? just looking at him makes me wanna punch him in the face 16

Me and you both brother, me and you both!:haha:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

^In that respect he's a lot like Tom Brady.

James, calling Green Bay a weak team? They were within ten on the road. That 3rd and 19 conversion killed them. There is really no way they won't make it to the conference championship game. At Lambeau they are unbeatable, from NFC opponents anyway. The running game is even appearing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

^In that respect he's a lot like Tom Brady.

James, calling Green Bay a weak team? They were within ten on the road. That 3rd and 19 conversion killed them. There is really no way they won't make it to the conference championship game. At Lambeau they are unbeatable, from NFC opponents anyway. The running game is even appearing.

You call one lucky run "appearing"? You guys are probably right though, the NFC is so weak that GB will likely advance to the championship game. Depending on who they wind up playing in their first game(NY, Detroit, Minnesota, Arizona,), things could get interesting.

As far as Romo goes, I also cant stand the guy. I have more issues with how the league has promoted him than I do against Romo personally. Cant compare him to Brady. Brady earned his reputation. Romo hasn't done shit yet, and he is already being discussed as possibly one of the greatest. Had the NFL let him develop naturally, I would not have much of a problem with Romo even though I hate the Cowboys.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Romo is a cocky looking prick Neemo (I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks that) but my real problem with him is the same one that James has, the NFL has really sucked him off.  He has one of the best O-lines in football and one of the best receivers so naturally he should have a good rating...ANY decent QB should but only time and continued results will make him worthy as being the "next legend".

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Green Bay only lost by 10, but TO let a touchdown slip through his hands to become an interception(popcorn butter mabye?) and some other Cowboy receivers just flat dropped what would have been some big plays in the 1st half.  The cowboys should have won by about 21, given should doesn't count for shit, but it's still true.

It was pretty apparent that Aaron Rogers doesn't run a lot of 2 minute drills in practice though.  He's an NFL QB, he should know they're gonna give him that slant across the middle all day at that point and not throw it.  Not that I think he could have marched them down the field twice though.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Packers expect Favre to start vs. Raiders, keep streak alive
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre is expected to start against the Oakland Raiders on Dec. 9 and keep alive his record streak for consecutive starts.

2007 Season Stats Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
                             439 296 3323 22 10 97.9

"Just to quote the medical staff, his [starting] streak is not in danger. He'll be OK," coach Mike McCarthy said Friday, the day after Favre was knocked out of the Packers' 37-27 loss at Dallas with elbow and shoulder injuries.

His streak, which dates to 1992, stands at 249 games (269 including playoffs) and is a league record for quarterbacks.

The 38-year-old Favre was at Lambeau Field on Friday for treatment of a bruised right elbow. He also aggravated a left shoulder separation, which he first injured 15 years ago, on a hit by blitzing Dallas cornerback Nate Jones in the second quarter.

McCarthy said the medical staff didn't indicate that Favre had nerve damage in his throwing elbow, which had been feared after the game.

"It has more to do with the belly of the muscle around the elbow. It's not as severe as last year," McCarthy said.

For full story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor … nes_United

James

James wrote:

Although I have NFL Sunday Ticket, I am mainly watching this Vikings game. Man, that team picked a great time to get hot. They are trouncing the Lions 42-10 in the third. Other than NE, that is the hottest team in the league right now. Too bad for them that they had a few big losses earlier in the season. Now they have to win all their games just to hope for the playoffs.

Vikings are going to kick major ass next season.

I think I'll switch over the Colts-Jags game.

James

James wrote:

Fucking Jags.:flame: I really thought they were gonna beat the Colts and make a run at that division. Now Colts are two games ahead and own the tiebreaker. Colts will likely clinch that division in two weeks or 1 week with a Jags loss.

CC must be doing cartwheels in his living room. Bills are almost back in the playoff hunt amazingly. They beat the Skins and the Jags lost. Tennessee winning doesn't help them, but if Cleveland and Denver lose today and Pit loses tonight, things in the AFC get almost as murky as the NFC.

Detroit is finished. Might as well start thinking about their draft selection next year. Crushing loss for the Eagles today. Still a chance for the playoffs, but its looking like its not gonna happen. Its really starting to look like Miami is gonna go 0-16. Niners lose again, and its really starting to look like the Pats are a lock for the 3rd pick in the draft, 4th at worst.

Gonna watch the Cleveland game. From the looks of it right now, this game might get ugly.

Board footer