You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:

In the offseason they should offer Brady Quinn to the Bears for Urlacher. They wont get him of course, but the offer would show the rest of the league they are willing to deal him to a team that needs a QB for one of their top defensive players.

Quinn has not been tested yet in the league, but he was a top pick and since he hasn't played a down yet he   still has that "unknown" factor. Could be great, or could be a bust. There's gotta be at least one team that would take that risk.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

In the offseason they should offer Brady Quinn to the Bears for Urlacher. They wont get him of course, but the offer would show the rest of the league they are willing to deal him to a team that needs a QB for one of their top defensive players.

Quinn has not been tested yet in the league, but he was a top pick and since he hasn't played a down yet he   still has that "unknown" factor. Could be great, or could be a bust. There's gotta be at least one team that would take that risk.

The Bears wouldn't give up Urlacher, if for no other reason, the amount of merchandise with Bears logos on it he sells.  He's a great player too, but he was the top selling player jersey for a couple years straight.  I think he's still up there pretty high.

A similair scenario might work like you said if they were to offer him up for a couple of the Bears Defensive Backs though.  If the Bears can get all of the ones they have healthy they have quite a few above average (not great, but above average) DBs, that's something they could spare, and, especially in that division, the Browns could use.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

The situation could turn into the Chargers situation from a couple years ago. The Chargers had Drew Brees, then acquired Philip Rivers. That year, Brees plays balls out, and keeps Rivers on the bench for 2 years. Then the time comes that the team has to go one way or the other. They go with Rivers and send Brees on his way.

I was not that high on Quinn to begin with. He could be a good QB, but with the way Anderson is playing, you HAVE to lock him up with a long term contract extension, you have to. For a team that has been in the gutter for so many years, to have a drastic turn around, its not by accident. Anderson is a very good QB. Hell, look at the difference in the team from Week 1, with Charlie Frye starting, to now, with Anderson. And considering the division they are in, they can not afford to step back.

I would keep Quinn for now, giving you a pretty good insurance policy in case Anderson gets hurt. But I would definatly listen to offers.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm going to the Bills game this weekend. To be honest, I don't really like the atmosphere there. Especially since I'm in the cheap seats, which are too expensive anyway, it can get rough and is certainly a stressing commute to and from the stadium. But anyway, Squish the Fish! Go Bills!

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I'm going to the Bills game this weekend. To be honest, I don't really like the atmosphere there. Especially since I'm in the cheap seats, which are too expensive anyway, it can get rough and is certainly a stressing commute to and from the stadium. But anyway, Squish the Fish! Go Bills!

I've heard that the Buffalo crowd is pretty rough. Never been, just heard that.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah Buffalo is a diehard football city. Bills are a hot topic of discussion every day of the week and often in the summer. The Bills could go 2-14 years in a row, and the Sabres could win the cup multiple times, but it'd still be a football city first. However, the average intelligent fan doesn't seem to make it to games. And there's a lot of drunks, of course. So, yeah, I don't know, I'm proud of the city's loyalty but slightly ashamed of the behavior shown at the games.

And I might freeze my ass off too. There is literally no inside area. Gusts of wind get in the bathrooms even.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Power Rankings are in. I knew the Vikings were going to move up. If they win this coming week, and do it in dramatic fashion, I think the rankings might move them as high as 8 or 9.

'¢    1. Patriots (12-0)
'¢    2. Cowboys (11-1)
'¢    3. Colts (10-2)
'¢    4. Packers (10-2)
'¢    5. Steelers (9-3)
'¢    6. Jaguars (8-4)
'¢    7. Bucs (8-4)
'¢    8. Seahawks (8-4)
'¢    9. Chargers (7-5)
'¢    10. Giants (7-4)
'¢    11. Vikings (6-6)
'¢    12. Browns (7-5)

the rest:

13. TENNESSEE (7-5, previous rank: 14) - The Titans have gone from No. 32 in total defense in 2006 to No. 5 in total defense in 2007.

14. ARIZONA (6-6, previous rank: 19) - The Cardinals can beat Quality Opponents (3-1 vs. teams with winning records), but their six losses have come to clubs with a combined record of 28-44 (.389).

15. PHILADELPHIA (5-7, previous rank: 12) - The Eagles are the only team in the NFL with no touchdowns from their defense or special teams.

16. BUFFALO (6-6, previous rank: 23) - The Bills have been involved in three one-point games this year (loss to Denver, loss to Dallas, win over Washington).

17. WASHINGTON (5-7, previous rank: 17) - According to Jeff Sagarin's strength of schedule ratings, the Redskins have faced the league's toughest schedule.

18. NEW ORLEANS (5-7, previous rank: 16) - The Saints allowed a 100-yard rusher Sunday (Tampa's Earnest Graham) for the first time since Week 1 (Indy's Joseph Addai).

19. HOUSTON (5-7, previous rank: 18) - With three of their last four against Quality Teams, it looks like a sixth straight losing season for the Texans.

20. DETROIT (6-6, previous rank: 15) - The sight of Lions players exchanging hugs with Vikings during a third-quarter review delay Sunday - while their playoff hopes were being pummeled into submission - should be enough to make someone lose their job at season's end.

21. CHICAGO (5-7, previous rank: 20) - Only a last-gasp win over Denver in Week 12 has kept the Bears from a five-game home losing streak.

22. CINCINNATI (4-8, previous rank: 21) - The Bengals averaged 11.5 points in two losses to Pittsburgh, 26.7 points in their 10 other games.

23. DENVER (5-7, previous rank: 22) - After four straight seasons with a Top 10 scoring defense, the Broncos are No. 31 in 2007.

24. OAKLAND (4-8, previous rank: 26) - Good news: Raiders have given up only eight passing TDs, second-best in NFL! Bad news: Raiders have allowed league-high 20 rushing TDs.

25. BALTIMORE (4-8, previous rank: 27) - From 2002 through now, Brian Billick and the Ravens are 49-45 including playoffs.

26. CAROLINA (5-7, previous rank: 31) - Panthers' bright spot is their run defense; they allow 3.62 yards per carry (fourth in NFL).

27. KANSAS CITY (4-8, previous rank: 24) - WR Dwayne Bowe (on pace for 1,046 yards) could be the fourth rookie since 1999 with 1,000 receiving yards (Michael Clayton, Anquan Boldin, Marques Colston)

28. NEW YORK JETS (3-9, previous rank: 29) - Rookie David Harris has 66 tackles in five games since being inserted into the starting lineup.

29. ST. LOUIS (3-9, previous rank: 28) - Despite all their struggles, Rams are No. 7 in the NFL in time of possession.

30. ATLANTA (3-9 previous rank: 25) - 47-year-old Morten Andersen is 19-for-22 on field goals this season.

31. SAN FRANCISCO (3-9, previous rank: 30) - Well, at least they traded their No. 1 pick in 2008 to New England.

32. MIAMI (0-12, previous rank: 32) - Seeing what rookie John Beck can do is nice, but with infamy on the line perhaps it's time to put Cleo Lemon back in the line-up.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

^^Uh, Giants are 8-4, must have been a typo on their part.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

^^Uh, Giants are 8-4, must have been a typo on their part.

Yeah, just be proactive though & change it to 8-5 tongue

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well Chicago is toast....unbeleivable collapse of that team

13-3 and the SB appearance last year to what 5-8 right now....geez

Board footer