You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

Neemo wrote:

....and the mind games begin

Pats' Brady seen without walking boot
Tom Brady

The Canadian Press

1/22/2008 1:53:16 PM

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Has Tom Brady given the boot to the boot?

Hours after being photographed with a walking boot on his right foot as he followed girlfriend Gisele Bundchen into her New York apartment on Monday, other pictures showed the New England Patriots quarterback wearing black shoes - and no boot - when he showed up at a New York hotspot.

The website PageSix.com had two photos - credited to INFDaily.com - that showed Brady wearing blue jeans and a black sweater with the black shoes and no boot. In one photo, he was followed by Bundchen as they arrived at the club Butter in New York, the website said.

Earlier on Monday, several websites had photos - credited to infphoto.com - that showed Brady wearing a walking boot on his right foot. A video of Brady walking with a slight limp from an SUV to Bundchen's home is also available on TMZ.com.

The chief of the foot and ankle division at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston said Brady doesn't appear to be seriously injured.

Dr. Chris Chiodo, who is not treating Brady, said he has used a boot to treat several ailments, including a sprain, a strain, a bone bruise, tendinitis or overuse of the foot. He said he strongly doubted Brady had a displaced fracture.

"I don't think he'd be walking on it if that were the case," said Chiodo, an orthopedic surgeon.

There's plenty of time before the unbeaten Patriots face the Giants and the three players who contributed most to New York's league-high 56 sacks - Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan.

Brady has been extremely durable in his NFL career. He started his 126th consecutive game Sunday when the Patriots beat San Diego 21-12 in the AFC championship game, in which the Chargers' Philip Rivers took all his team's snaps and threw for 211 yards despite arthroscopic surgery on his right knee six days earlier.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Exactly what I thought...bullshit!!  The scapegoat and mindgame factors have been set in play.  If NYG don't beat themselves I think they will beat the Patriots.  This is the first serious pressure that has been put on NE in quite awhile.  Yeah, the pressure hit them in the playoff game due to Brady having a bad day but this is pressure from the start.  They only beat the Giants by three last time and these guys are on a serious road-winning roll.  The Patriots perfect season basically goes from becoming legendary to becoming mockery if they lose this game and they know this and Brady is coming off one of the worse games he has played.  This would be pressure for anyone.  Should be interesting.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

if if if

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If Brady throws 3 INTs in the SB, the Pats lose the game. Period. I don't care how good you are, if you lose the battle of the turnovers in the SB, you lose.

The Giants can win, but that D really has to step up.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if if if

Yep, that's what Brady will be saying after losing the Superbowl immediately followed by  ..."Well, as most of you guys know, my foot was hurt so...."

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i think that NE will be capable of handling the pressure...and I'm pretty sure that Brady will bring his A game

but Brady has nothing left to prove...he already has 3 SB rings...the most TD's in a season record, most consecutive wins in any given NFL season, most consecutive games of 3 or more TD's

and this season was one of the best ever by a QB in leagues history...i fail to see how the season becomes a joke depending the outcome of the SB...yes it will suck if they lose but it doesnt take away from the amazing run they've had...

I think the SB will be a great game...and either team could win but ifs and but dont mean anything...when the game begins then we'll know...

wanna  talk about turnover ratio's?

Brady - 53-8
Manning - 27-20

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if if if

Yep, that's what Brady will be saying after losing the Superbowl immediately followed by  ..."Well, as most of you guys know, my foot was hurt so...."

seriously though i cant see the Pats making excuses..they have too much class

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

and Brady has had 4 games this year with a QB rating under 90....Manning has had 14...

Brady stats this year are light years beyond Eli's...no matter how you slice it

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

I'm just giving you a hard time Neemo.  Noone can take away what Brady and the Patriots have accomplished I just don't think that makes him the "best ever".  That's really my only beef.  He may eventualy surprise me and become just that but he hasn't yet.  He's a good player surrounded by a solid team. 

As far as losing the Superbowl, yeah it will really make the 16-0 regular season something that will be mocked.  I am not saying that this is fair but it is true.  No matter what happens he has shown for a fact that he isn't a flash in the pan and has definitely earned much more credibility in deserving to be talked about in the same ring as "one of the best to play the game"...I just wouldn't say the best. 

One thing I have seen in Brady that I do respect a great deal is his desire to want to win and his love of the game.  That's two qualities that are a must to make you a legitimate great in the game.

....if NE DOES lose the Superbowl and you guys see "banned" next to my name you may want to see if Neemo has a shit-eating smile on his face.  16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It isn't a battle of the QBs. If thats gonna be the approach, expect the Giants to win this game early. Giants aint going into this game sulking that Eli's stats are worse than Brady's. No one gives a shit at this point. The only thing regarding Brady they are thinking about is how many times should they blitz him, and how will he react if the running game and short passing game gets completely shut down.

There's more than INTs that figure into the turnover battle. Botched punt returns, RB fumbles,etc. These types of things always play a factor in the SB.

Eli is a bigger factor in this than Brady. We know Brady brings the A game. There's no question about that. However, he gets frustrated when things don't go his way, and instead of scoring in the high 40's, they score in the low 20's, which makes them very beatable. They almost got their asses kicked by an injured Chargers team that couldn't score a TD if you put shotguns to their heads.

We are going to know early on which Eli shows up. If its the Eli of the past month, we have a ballgame. If its the Eli from the first half of the season, this game gets ugly and you can turn off the TV before halftime.

If that Giants D can get in Brady's face all day and cover the middle of the field, Pats will be lucky to score 2 TDs. Cover the middle and bump Moss at the line of scrimmage on EVERY play(which pisses him off and starts the hissy fits), Pats will be forced into a running game and they cannot win those types of battles because they have relied on the pass for far too long.

Basically, if the Giants can play like the Ravens did but score more, the Giants are SB champions.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Granted if Patriots make mistakes and Giants dont make any then for sure they could win....i'm not denying that one bit

but again for turnovers the Pats have been amazing this year, they are +16 in the reg season but only +2 in the playoffs for a total of +18

Granted giants are +5 in these playoffs but in the regular season they were a -9 in turnovers for a total of -4

it doesnt matter on how well they cover moss....cuz they also got welker, stallworth, gaffney, faulk,,,and maroney has been stepping it up in the running game lately too..back to back 120yd games in the playoffs....and moss has been quiet....hes due.....

a big key for the pats D will be stopping the rookie NYG RB Bradshaw...he's been hot

Board footer