You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

....and moss has been quiet....hes due.....

Believe it or not this is actually my biggest concern.  Either that they will over protect "the big play" and get nickel and dimed to death or that they will do too many blitzes and he will knock off a couple long receptions that could change the tone of the game.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

No one is saying that Eli is a better QB than Brady. Thats crazy. Of course he has better stats, after all, he is one of, if not the best, QB in history. But remember, the Giants got a lot of pressure on Brady last time, but werent able to do it for 4 quarters. I think they can this time. You cant begin to express how big that last game of the season against the Pats was to the Giants.

Bradshaw will have a huge day. The Giants are going to get him spread out some, and have the Pats LBs try to cover him. I bet they use him much like the Eagles use Westbrook.

Man, the game cant come soon enough...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Patriots coach refuses to talk about Brady injury

By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer
January 24, 2008

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick stayed true to form Thursday, refusing to discuss Tom Brady's health a few days after the quarterback was photographed limping through New York with a cast on his right foot.

"I don't have any comment on it. I don't have any comment on it," he said in a news conference before the Patriots held their first practice in preparation for the Feb. 3 Super Bowl against the New York Giants.

Will Brady practice?

"We'll go out there. I don't know," Belichick said with a grin, seeming to delight in being nonresponsive.

"The injury report will be out next Wednesday and we're excited to get that to you," he said to laughter from reporters, "filled out completely and I can't wait to get that to you because I know you're anxious for it."

Brady, this season's NFL MVP, has been dogged by photographers outside the New York City apartment of his supermodel girlfriend since the photographs surfaced Monday. He was later seen walking without a cast. Brady reportedly has a mild high ankle sprain.

Belichick said Brady is rarely distracted, on or off the field.

"I think Tom's one of the toughest players on our team both mentally and physically," the coach said. "He works hard ... He's very calm. He's a great competitor but he's very calm."

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has reportedly broken up with Jessica Simpson.
(Donna McWilliam/Associated Press) 

Dallas fans accused the entertainer of being a distraction to Romo and she was cast as a scapegoat after the Cowboys, who went 13-3 in the regular season, were sent packing in a surprise 21-17 playoff loss to the New York Giants.

"Tony is now starting to blame her himself," an unidentified friend of Romo's told OK! magazine. "Before dating Jessica, he was Texas's golden boy. Now he's become a joke."

OK! magazine reported that shortly after the Cowboys' Super Bowl hopes were dashed by the Giants, Romo phoned Simpson to end the affair. The source also said Romo wanted them to remain friends.

For Cowboys fans, the enmity dates back to a regular-season game Simpson attended as the star QB's special guest. Romo gave one of the worst performances of his NFL career in that game.

The Dukes of Hazzard starlet wore a pink Dallas jersey with her sweetheart's number on it, and looked on as he threw three interceptions in the 10-6 home loss against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Three days later, star Dallas receiver Terrell Owens said that Simpson is "not a fan favourite in this locker room or in Texas Stadium," though he later apologized.

The rumours flew again when the pair took a week-long vacation in Mexico prior to the playoffs, which fans were quick to blame for the upset against New York.

The breakup came about after the couple couldn't agree on living arrangements - Romo refused to move to Los Angeles, and Simpson refused to leave.

"It was the moment he realized it wasn't going to work with Jessica in the long term," the source told OK!.

Prior to the Simpson affair, Romo's worst performance of his career came last season, also against the Eagles, with then-girlfriend Carrie Underwood cheering him on from the stands.

haha thats a shocker...i figured she'd dump him 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whoever he decides to date next, he needs to keep it quiet. It shouldn't dominate his team's season. I still think the team will never go to a SB with Romo as their QB. He doesn't have what it takes to be a leader, and never will. He's too concerned with his sex life to ever develop into an elite QB.

Brady has been dating actresses/models for years, and although Montana was married for a chunk of his career, he also dated models. You just didn't hear about it all the time because both men were concentrating on kicking ass on the field.

Romo may have some talent, but I think he let his star power and the way the NFL made him a God go to his head.

He blew what may have been his only legit shot at a SB because he wanted to fuck Jessica Simpson in Mexico. Could have waited until AFTER he made it to the SB to do that. Just like how Brady took his few days off to go visit his GF in New York. You don't see him taking her to Jamaica until right before the SB.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

No one is saying that Eli is a better QB than Brady. Thats crazy. Of course he has better stats, after all, he is one of, if not the best, QB in history. But remember, the Giants got a lot of pressure on Brady last time, but werent able to do it for 4 quarters. I think they can this time. You cant begin to express how big that last game of the season against the Pats was to the Giants.

Bradshaw will have a huge day. The Giants are going to get him spread out some, and have the Pats LBs try to cover him. I bet they use him much like the Eagles use Westbrook.

Man, the game cant come soon enough...

Agreed here. Brady isn't use to being pressured a lot and if the Giant's D can do that then that that will help slow down the scoring. We need to be on each of NE's WR's and TE like white on rice. The D all around needs to step up big time. They need to play their very best game of football. They will def use the rushing game to their advantage. I agree about Bradshaw too. They need to use him to wear down the Patriots D which is the oldest in the league. After that bring in th big guy Jacobs to start power housing. All the rushing will open the passing game for Eli in those spots where he needs to make a good play and convert. If Eli is focused that's another good sign that the Giants could pull off the up set. They just beat the top two teams in the NFC on their turfs. They are riding high and they still can taste blood from the last match up between these two teams. The Giants may have the Pats number now. I think it will be a good game and surprised if the Patriots blow it open.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

^^ Yep. I think they will bring a safety over to help double Moss. But that means the rest of the defense will have to play their guys to a tee. It's gonna take an A+ effort, but I believe they can do it. I also think that Bradshaw will have some long gains running, and could be deadly in this game with the screen pass.

The Cusack
 Rep: 1 

The Cusack wrote:

Dungy is staying in Indy for another year.  I hope Favre stays in Green Bay for another season or two as well.  On the flip side, I can't believe that Brian Billick hasn't been named as a candidate for any coaching jobs.  I think he'd be a good candidate for either the job in Washington (which it appears Greg Williams won't get now) or Atlanta.  Miami could also be a good spot for him.  I think Billick working with/for Parcells could be a very powerful combination.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Am I the only person that notices the lack of hype for this SB? Aside from a few editorials and some ESPN mentions, this isn't being talked about anywhere.

I cant even get any decent discussions going about it in 'real life'.

Nobody cares. Not even football fans.

A pretty anticlimactic lead up to the SB in what was an interesting season.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

probably because alot of people feel its gonna be pretty lopsided...NE is favored by like 12 points

I watched media day highlights yesterday and it was a joke...some broad asked brady to marry him and that was the biggestdeal on the sports news...

it prolly doesnt help that NE is so good at deflecting questions either...they refuse to answer questions

with the injury reports coming out today we may see a bit of a flurry

Board footer