You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

PaSnow wrote:

Regardless it's not a shocker (Eli getting the MVP). QB usually gets it, and offensive players (QB, RB, WR) almost always get it . It's like the Heisman, which is becoming a joke soon to be known as "Best QB at a big University"

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

^yep, totally agree

I also want to give the officials credit for letting them play last night more than has become the norm lately.  There were a lot of close things that in a lot of situations would have been called but weren't and I love that.  Let the players decide the game not the officials.  That was great of them.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think the pats neeed another good corner

maybe upgrade a guy on the defensive line...

and upgrade a guy or two on the o-line....they looked like swiss cheese last night 17

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Neemo those upgrades are impossible to do. If you could replace great with greater consistently, you'd never lose. Patriots need to get younger (and less bad of people) on their defense, but their OFfensive line is the best in the league and teams aren't quick to toss away great lineman. Moss is less valuable than a good to great tackle or guard, imo.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Neemo those upgrades are impossible to do. If you could replace great with greater consistently, you'd never lose. Patriots need to get younger (and less bad of people) on their defense, but their OFfensive line is the best in the league and teams aren't quick to toss away great lineman. Moss is less valuable than a good to great tackle or guard, imo.

As much as I like Seau(I have an old Chargers Seau jersey I still wear from time to time), he definitely needs to go. I know he wanted a ring really bad, but at least he can say he had his chances. I don't know how much they are paying him, but the money can be better spent elsewhere.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I know they will not upgrade all those positions immediately..but they are going to need to start bringing in some new blood soon to replace aging vets...like Seau & Bruschi..but i dont htink they will dismantle the team after such a great season...but i think a vet or two will move on

James

James wrote:

This little clip tells the story in a nutshell:

316lzcm.gif

When Brady takes two steps back, the pocket is already on the verge of collapsing, and the Giants D has two "spies" not only watching Brady's movements, but also taking out the middle of the field, an area that the Pats depend on.

Brilliant defensive coaching on the Giants part.

James

James wrote:

Since the Super Bowl discussion has died down and the season is over, I'm gonna lock this thread. Evolution  has been online for five months, and this was my favorite thread. A great season with a lot of intelligent and interesting discussions.

Should be an interesting offseason.

Board footer