You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:

The Bears have to go on a run right now if they want to contend. They need a 5 or 6 game winning streak going into the playoffs. They're gonna need at least one playoff home game as well.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Yeah, the only reason the Bears have a chance at all right now is because the NFC is so bottom heavy.  They would need to really turn it on while a bunch of other teams simultaniously turn it off.  That isn't out of the realm of possibility yet, but, as someone who watches them every week can attest, even the games they've won, they haven't looked all that good.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I think Jacksonville is better than Dallas. For the millionith time, Dallas has beaten NYG (5-2)  Miami (0-7) Chicago with Grossman (3-4, 1-3 with Grossman)  St. Louis (0-7) Buffalo who they barely beat (2-4) and now Minnesota (2-4). They lost to the Pats.

So they've had 1 quality win. This team is above average, but its stupid to say they're great when the teams theyve beaten have a combined record of 12-28 .

Yep, an I will say this, the Giants team that Dallas played in Week 1, is MUCH different than the team they will play in a couple of weeks.

Def. The D has woken up big time. Eli keeps on getting better and better. Should be a real good second game.

I cant wait to see the D against Dallas in a couple of weeks. This time at Giants Stadium. That place will be rocking. And if Eli can cut back on the INTs, he would be right behind Brady and Peyton, IMO. Alot of the INTs have come from tipped balls, etc, so it is easily fixable. Just cut those back.

AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe he was joking, but gregarious Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder confessed today he didn't know until Tuesday that people spoke English in London.

Crowder, a former Florida Gator and Atlanta native, apparently isn't sure where the plane is headed when it takes off this afternoon for Sunday's game against the New York Giants in Wembley Stadium.

'I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries,' Crowder said. 'I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that.

'I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name.'

When reminded Dolphins practice squad receiver and NFL Europe veteran Marvin Allen is from London, Crowder's standup routine didn't miss a beat.

'He's from London?' Crowder said. 'I knew he was from over there because he talks funny. I was surprised (when they met) because '” I don't want to say he didn't look the part because that's a stereotype '” but he didn't look the part. I heard him talk, and I thought he had a recorder and was just mouthing.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/cont … e_dolphins

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

'I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries,' Crowder said. 'I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that." 

OMG!! roll roll

And this guy graduated college?! Someone find out what University he attended and place that school on academic probation.

(I hope he was joking)

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Football players don't need education. You have to know they get a free ride thru college. It's an American Tradition, like smuggling.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm waiting for someone to knock the shit out of Brady.  Belicheck is going to get him hurt by running up the score like he keeps doing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Pats are unstoppable now. If you didn't believe it before, better believe it now. The Colts are going to get massacred.

I agree that Brady needs to head to the bench when the games turn into massive blowouts. Although they would risk him getting out of his rhythm because he would be sitting about 70% of each game. I've never seen anything like this in my life, and I have been watching football since 1984.

Bears are pretty much toast. Cant lose division games like that, and the Griese experiment has now failed. Going to be an interesting offseason for Chicago.

Niners continue their collapse, which is funny in the aspect that the Pats get the Niners first pick in the draft, and the Niners are likely to have a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5.

Pittsburgh continues winning with very little attention. So does Cleveland. The Pats are such a huge story this year that alot of teams are getting overlooked.

Most interesting division is the NFC east, which saw the Eagles and Giants win and the Skins lose. That division may go to the wire, and I could easily see both wild card teams come from that division.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I agree in regards to the Pats.  I'd like to see them go undefeated in some respects, but this running up the score stuff is bullshit.  I'm losing a lot of respect for Belicheck.  I don't blame Brady as he's just doing what he's told to do.  If there was some way to take out Brady without causing permanent damage, I would do it if I were the opposing coach.  Hit him.  Hit him hard.  That would make Belicheck look like an idiot since he's trying so hard to show everybody how smart he is.

I couldn't tell for sure, but it looked like Gibbs ran off the field without greeting Belicheck after the game.  I don't blame him.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I couldn't tell for sure, but it looked like Gibbs ran off the field without greeting Belicheck after the game.  I don't blame him.

It's funny you say that, I could have sworn that happened last week w/Miami. Belicheck came to mid-field & was looking around (for Miami's coach) and waited for a while, then he walked away & shook afew hands & spoke to a few people. Never saw Miami's coach at all then they cut to commercial. It wouldn't surprise me if Gibbs did the same.

Board footer