You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The 10 Greatest RBs of all time elimination- Round 2

tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I went with Bo Jackson. James, I'm curious as to how you think Faulk isn't at least equal to Craig, if not better than him...and I voted for Jackson, so I obviously would put Faulk ahead of him. Look at the numbers. Faulk has a higher yards per carry average than Craig, more career TD's, more pro bowls, more rushing yardage, more receiving yardage, etc. Looking at the numbers, it looks like Faulk had a better career than Thurman Thomas as well. Here's my list from weakest (most deserving of getting voted off) to strongest (most deserving of getting to stay):

1. Bo Jackson
2. Roger Craig
3. Thurman Thomas
4. Marshall Faulk
5. Eric Dickerson
6. Emmitt Smith
7. Walter Payton
8. Jim Brown
9. Barry Sanders

Craig was a great RB. Only reason his actual numbers dont stack up to some of the others in this elimination is because of that elite passing game they had. As far as Thurman Thomas goes, I consider him possibly the greatest RB in history, although I of course consider Payton up there as well. Without Thurman Thomas, the Bills go nowhere. He was the key to their running and passing game. Like him or hate him, the league will never see a back like Thurman again.

Meh. Overrated is the best word I can come up with to describe him (Thomas). He held back Sanders from getting PT at Okie Lite, and when Sanders finally got his shot, he had the best season any running back has ever had in college OR pro.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Thurman Thomas was over-rated? I didn't know anyone gave him any respect as it is...No one ever talks about him on NFL pre-game shows...no one is compared to Thurman Thomas...maybe not the greatest back ever but certainly right up there...

Communist China

Thruman overrated????  He's barely mentioned at all when people talk about the best backs, but as James said the K-Gun would not have functioned without him. One of the greatest athletes to play pro football.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Roger Craig

I don't think my decision is skewed, but he went to High School where I live, and I have to hear about how great he is more often than I think I should.  He was very good, but doesn't belong in this company.

Although I came close to picking Bo too.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Roger Craig

I don't think my decision is skewed, but he went to High School where I live, and I have to hear about how great he is more often than I think I should.  He was very good, but doesn't belong in this company.

Although I came close to picking Bo too.

That was such a different style/era of football...it's almost hard to compare. I wouldn't call that as much of a finesse era as the one we are in now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We need to break this tie. If its still tied by tomorrow, both will be eliminated.

Board footer