You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Rolling Stone Confirming the November Date

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
russtcb wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ … s_for_fall

Here's a fall music preview from Rolling Stone online. You can check out the whole article above, but here's the GNR mention:

The fall starts with Metallica's Rick Rubin-produced 10th studio album, Death Magnetic, which is due September 12th. New releases from Jennifer Hudson, Pussycat Dolls, Akon, T-Pain and Kings of Leon will follow in September and October, but the quarter doesn't truly pick up until November, with the Killers, David Cook, David Archuleta, Black Eyed Peas and R. Kelly. (Even Guns n' Roses' Chinese Democracy has a chance: We read a rumour on a GN'R Fansite telling us that it was coming out in November. We have no source. We're just making up shit to fill space and get attention)

Fixed.

Honestly they've printed so many release dates I couldn't care anymore.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Well,

there's certainly a reasonable chance for a release. Beta said the album has been done since Christmas, Shackler will come out with Rock Band 2 in mid-September. Only that there's no pre-release buzz this year, no-one's banging the drum the way they've used to. While Rolling Stone mentions the album the same way they've done before countless of times, even they seem a bit tired to the whole charade. If this were 2006, a lot of media outlets would be all over it.

But now, Shackler has an uphill battle to prove that the album is worth the while after all these false alarms (rather than the wait itself). The smartest thing GNR's done in years was to shut the fuck up after March 6th, 2007 came and went.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Rolling Stone said a Fall release date in 06 & 07 so 08 is not really saying much.

I still don't think it's going to come out.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Do they care? Are we meant to care anymore? You woulnd't think it would you.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They also said it in 2004, and that caused a pretty big stir in the industry and amongst the fanbase.

The boy cried wolf too many times.

The album will have difficulty even being properly promoted because there's been too many false starts, promises, etc. It isn't that nobody cares, its just the days of people yelling "Its coming!" like Paul Revere are long gone.

I don't think its coming out this year either. Too much competition. I highly doubt that Axl is willing to go up against artists such as Metallica, Eminem, U2, Dr. Dre, ACDC,etc.

Sky Dog wrote:

then he's a puss......and should scrap the whole project. Fuck him if that is his way of thinking.:headbang:

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Another 6 months of discussing Schackler's Revenge then?

Crikey...no wander Robin's gone on holiday

If it doesn't come out this year then maybe the band should get back in the studio and start recording another album

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

The only source rolling stone has our the forums.  I"ll bet my paycheck they have no more idea than we do.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

then he's a puss......and should scrap the whole project. Fuck him if that is his way of thinking.:headbang:

I agree. If they cant unload it without worrying about competition, it needs to be scrapped. There will always be competition.

Another 6 months of discussing Schackler's Revenge then?

Crikey...no wander Robin's gone on holiday

If it doesn't come out this year then maybe the band should get back in the studio and start recording another album

If they cant release an album that has its origins in the 90's, just break up. Fuck starting a new album. It wouldn't get to the pre-production stage until 2015.

Board footer