You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Rolling Stone Confirming the November Date

polluxlm wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

there is a reason rolling stone has had several GNR scoops this year . . . THEY GET THEM DIRECTLY FROM AZOFF. the best buy/walmart story was given to billboard by azoff to punish rolling stone for refusing to pull their story about shackler's revenge leaking.

while everyone questioned the legitimacy of the 8/19 report on mistersaintlaurent.com, i got the majority of the information initially from a rolling stone reporter who was upset that azoff had so much influence over how the magazine covered the band.

and this, my friends, is what truth sounds like.
i mean - I'm not THERE - but this is how things go. RS and Billboard are in the entertainment business.

Azoff has already sealed a video game deal for Axl and is manipulating the media in favor of the band. He clearly is a professional, and what msl says make a lot of sense. So with a 'tentative' November date things are looking good on the surface.

What's working against it is of course the empiric facts. As long as Axl has a say there will always be the possibility of him backing out, once again.

Unless we hold it in our hands we just don't know. Even then I'm sure there will be doubters...:haha:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Until CD is on a release (offical) list I dont believe shit

for me .... until its on the shelf i wont believe shit 16

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Unless we hold it in our hands we just don't know. Even then I'm sure there will be doubters...:haha:

I can totally see it now.  They actually do release it, but theres an error with the printing of the discs.  We all go get it, bring it home, and the disc is empty.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Tommie wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I can totally see it now.  They actually do release it, but theres an error with the printing of the discs.  We all go get it, bring it home, and the disc is empty.

That would actually be pretty funny.  And Axl could say that only the booklet was ready.  But buying CD with no disc.  If it has to happen then I hope it happens to me and that it will be filmed.  The look on my face would be priceless.  I would actually laugh if it happened.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

That would actually be pretty funny.  And Axl could say that only the booklet was ready.  But buying CD with no disc.  If it has to happen then I hope it happens to me and that it will be filmed.  The look on my face would be priceless.  I would actually laugh if it happened.

I think there would be riots outside Axl's house if that happened!  16

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I don't think I'll believe it even when I'm hearing the music

I'm starting to prepare myself for a certain degree of disappointment though if I've heard all of the songs via the leaks.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

The UYI albums had a ton of delays.  They were suppose to be out way before the 91 tour and didn't come out until September.  Now my memory is a little fuzzy from the early 90's, but there were at least a years worth of delays for those albums.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In the immortal words of myself, "Believe Nothing. Trust No One. Chinese Democracy Starts NOW!"

Axl's gonna have them put this on the books as "Scooby Doo and The Ax Ghost in the Groovy Falun Gong Mystery" - Official Soundtrack.

AxlsMainMan
 Rep: 1 

AxlsMainMan wrote:

If the label has the album, it'll be November.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't know how legit this site is, but this was posted earlier this morning.

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/

I hear that the deal with Best Buy is 99% done.

The plan is for Best Buy to have an exclusive on Chinese Democracy, which will be released the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

Of course we've heard this same rumor the last 3 years (at least the pre Thanksgiving release date).  So take it for what it's worth.  And even if it is legit, 99% is not 100%, and that 1% could still be large in the world of Axl Rose.

Board footer