You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Bob Lefsetz: Best Buy Deal confirmed/Azoff response to leaks

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, I highly doubt that's true. We've been down the road of "a friend of a friend's mother, who's sister works at Wal-Mart, who knows a guy at K-mart, who knows a chick at Best Buy, said that she said, CD is gonna be an exclusive there" - a billion times.

The Best Buy/Wal-Mart rumors made actual credible news sources, so this guy could've just picked up a news paper and read it. OR... he might be telling the absolute truth, because THE MANAGER of Best Buy picked up a paper and read it.

I hold water with MSL and the Universal "forecast" list. Let's start there, and wait on the rest of this stuff. But if something is not announced soon, it's either not coming at all, or it'll just drop in stores, with the first option being FAR more likely.

I still think the hang up is the label wants a reunion, and Axl is holding out. But that's just my personal opinion...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the label does want a reunion because that will bring millions and millions of dollars for anything gnr does.  but they cannot make axl do that. the album will be relased without a reunion if axl is still against it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

True. Universal will only stand firm for so long, until it costs them money. They'll cave, and take whatever they can get.

But if Axl still doesn't want a reunion, that's a sad state of affairs. CD at this point, even by fans, is gonna be received as "oh that album Axl did" - even if it's fucking Physical Graffiti - it doesn't have a prayer.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U see, Metallica sold Half A Million copies because they play amazing concerts and they deliver.
Axl doing little shit like making people wait 2 hours etc They remember that shit.

Unless Axl has held back some brilliant stuff, we are gonna see a reunion cause the leaks we have heard are never gonna sell.

None of the songs have the potential to "Capture" an audience. None are that lightning in a bottle everyone will relate to it phenomenon. Its all pretty self indulgent and I have yet to hear anything close to a HIT.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The shows I was at The Blues & CD really grabbed the audience, but by 2am in the morning, only the diehards were still there anyways. 2/3 of the crowd were long gone.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Those who stayed for the encore were really fuckin' pumped at the end of the show. CD & PC have massive energy.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=304178

interesting to see a "report" on this from a source without any GNR interest.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

That seems like the plan right now, yes.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer