You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: Will you still buy CD?

TheMole wrote:

No, but not for this reason. I'll not buy it for the same reason I've not bought Libertad: it's not good enough for me (or my money). Same as most of the music being released today, which nicely correlates with my assumption the the music industry is in trouble because it keeps on releasing (and promoting) easy marketable tripe instead of going for quality music.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Not only will I buy it, I'll be buying the super exclusive collectors edition (if available).

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I'd say that's a little premature.  Shouldn't you give the finished products a fair chance before deciding not to buy it?  Azoff said the tracks were unfinished, poor mixes.  And I assume we haven't heard EVERYTHING that's going to be on the album, YET. 

I'm far from rich, but is 10 dollars really gonna set you back that much?  Isn't that worthy of giving to a band you're supposedly a fan of?  I don't know, that's just the way I feel.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Not only will I buy it, I'll be buying the super exclusive collectors edition (if available).

Absolutely, I hope they follow the route Metallica has gone, or something like it.  I'd be all over that.  I'll settle for just the CD in Metallica's case though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Tommie wrote:

I've never been a fan of the various releases of the same product(Contraband a great example), but I will definitely be buying Chinese Democracy on LP if they release it in that format.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
russtcb wrote:

You're not even going to hear the finished product before deciding you don't like it?

Yes, you are right, and I will give it a fair chance, no doubt about it.

I'm assuming it won't be much different from what I already have (heard) and if that's the case I probably won't be buying it.

*edit* for clarity: all I'm trying to say is that I will base my decision on the quality of the product. I've never been that political about my purchases, I buy what I want or need.

Didn't mean to start a "CD kicks ass - CD sucks" type of discussion...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I will absolutley get the cd when it comes out. In fact, I'll be buying two, one for me and one for my brother. I dont give a rats ass about the guys arrest. I still believe that GNR didnt have anything to do with it, so naturally it won't affect my decision.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

i'll steal it... bloody recession.

Board footer