You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Will you still buy CD?

Stepvhen wrote:

Im buying it. He broke the law he pays for that Whether that makes me a hypocrite for listening to leaks or not is irelevant tothe whole issue

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Again, there's no proof that GNR had anything to do with this. If you want to steal the album, steal the album. Don't look for excuses to jusitfy not paying it.

Well said.  2 wrongs don't make a right.  Since Axl has broke the law in the past, you have the right to rip him off?  So you wouldn't be the least upset if I came to your house and stole your plasma TV?  That's fine right?  You stole first, I'm just getting even.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

russtcb wrote:

Again, there's no proof that GNR had anything to do with this. If you want to steal the album, steal the album. Don't look for excuses to jusitfy not paying it.

faldor wrote:

Well said.  2 wrongs don't make a right.  Since Axl has broke the law in the past, you have the right to rip him off?  So you wouldn't be the least upset if I came to your house and stole your plasma TV?  That's fine right?  You stole first, I'm just getting even.

they can release a statement saying they had nothing to do with it, and end all negativity surrounding this. but if you want to believe the fbi was just surfing the internet one day, because they had nothing better to do, happened to stumble on that small site among the billions and then started this all, i think i have land on the moon to sell to you, very cheap hehe 19

it is known someone from axls camp, i think azoff (?) contacted kevin long before the fbi did...so, it is easy math.

second, i didnt say because axl did worse things i will rip him off. i said he sounds hypocritical complaining about other people leaking his songs while he did much worse things in his life (including according to his own words, stealing the money from stripper while a friend was fukin her....yeah, nice move, she had no food for a few days, so cool.)

no excuses, i was gonna buy the album like all gnr albums, im not poor. i just think this charade is the way corporate prostitutes work and i will not support that...again, not that it will make a difference to gnr or whoever...but to me personally, it does principle-wise 22

faldor

faldor wrote:

You could argue instead of GNR being behind it, it's Universal.  It was an ex employee of theirs, taking material that they were preparing to release.  I know people are quick to jump on the band, but they're not the only ones affected here.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

word....

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I can't argue one way or the other because no one knows for sure. It also has nothing to do with the amount of money someone has or doesn't have. To me it's this simple; you claim to be a fan of a band... the band releases new material... you buy it if you want to listen to it.

I know, I don't get it.  I don't want to get on people for not being fans, because they have every right to do whatever the hell they want.  Cheat, lie, steal, play by the book.  But I just don't see why a lot of people seem personally offended by things Axl has done.  I mean, this is just me, but unless Axl anally raped my mother or something to that extent I don't see the reasoning behind refusing to buy the album or support the band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Fans have this mindset of they are standing up for Slash and the old guys by not supporting the band. Problem is, knowing Slash, they'll be left all in the cold standing alone.

He's going to butter this album up himself, don't even worry about it.

Everyone has moved on, except the old diehard Gunners, who probably said GN'R sucked to begin with, until their racist ass heard One In A Million, suddenly they started sporting their G n' F'n' R's! shirt.

It's all about the music. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Music. I personally think VR sucks, and new-GN'R rule. Not because a personal bias, but VR's music doesn't appeal to me. GNR's new direction does.

But the people that sit around in the GN'R fan community arguing about how they'll show Axl, they just won't buy the record, and all that shit are a bunch of lightweights that after 20 years, still don't get it. For me now, it's kind of like Live And LET DIE MOTHER FUCKER...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

see for me (going with that mindset axlin08) i am the kinda guy who will support any thing that axl or slash release as long as the product is something that they endorse...for instance i never bought hollywood rose cuz axl didnt agree with it...i dont buy unauthorized bios, i dont buy tributes to gnr, i didnt buy gnr greatest hits....these products were not endorsed by those guys but have the gnr moniker on them

especially the GH package....i mean if axl and slash can agree on something then that really says alot...and trying to block the release of GH was somethign that they both agreeed on...prolly the only thing they have agreed on since TSI was released

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I don't see why people take it personal either. It's not as if Axl walked up to your house and waved the cd in your face and said "Haha you'll have to wait until 2008 to hear this."

Board footer