You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Will you still buy CD?

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

see for me (going with that mindset axlin08) i am the kinda guy who will support any thing that axl or slash release as long as the product is something that they endorse...for instance i never bought hollywood rose cuz axl didnt agree with it...i dont buy unauthorized bios, i dont buy tributes to gnr, i didnt buy gnr greatest hits....these products were not endorsed by those guys but have the gnr moniker on them

especially the GH package....i mean if axl and slash can agree on something then that really says alot...and trying to block the release of GH was somethign that they both agreeed on...prolly the only thing they have agreed on since TSI was released

Agreed. I only own what's endorsed by the band.

I just have a real problem giving money to people who are trying to make money off of the GN'R name. A name that was built by other men. One could pose that argument to the new band, but the difference is they are offcially sanctioned members of Guns N' Roses who contributed to future albums. I'll buy their solo records too, even former members such as Bucket or Izzy.

But when it comes to these cash grabs by other people, such as Hollywood Rose or the tribute albums, i'll only download for free just to hear what it's like. Most of the time I puke, and then delete it.

I still refuse to purchase ANY books on GN'R other than "Slash".

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

see for me (going with that mindset axlin08) i am the kinda guy who will support any thing that axl or slash release as long as the product is something that they endorse...for instance i never bought hollywood rose cuz axl didnt agree with it...i dont buy unauthorized bios, i dont buy tributes to gnr, i didnt buy gnr greatest hits....these products were not endorsed by those guys but have the gnr moniker on them

especially the GH package....i mean if axl and slash can agree on something then that really says alot...and trying to block the release of GH was somethign that they both agreeed on...prolly the only thing they have agreed on since TSI was released

I just have a real problem giving money to people who are trying to make money off of the GN'R name. A name that was built by other men. One could pose that argument to the new band, but the difference is they are offcially sanctioned members of Guns N' Roses who contributed to future albums. I'll buy their solo records too, even former members such as Bucket or Izzy.

But when it comes to these cash grabs by other people, such as Hollywood Rose or the tribute albums, i'll only download for free just to hear what it's like. Most of the time I puke, and then delete it.

Yes but another differance with the new guys is that !) Axl likes them. 2) he hasn't backed over their cds with his ferrari 16.........yet. lol

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think he'll ever feel about the new guys, even if it goes south, the same as the old guys.

At the end of the day, I think he respects the old band as artists, but he LIKES Buckethead, Izzy Stradlin, NIN, Replacements, etc.

Sky Dog wrote:

actually, I don't think we know what  Axl really thinks about ANY of them. Outside of Izzy, there are no long term high school relationships. It is obvious that he always goes back to his earliest buddies for support when needed.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and the shit he went through with the orig members the AFD lineup will be something that will never happen again in any of their lives they bled together man. i think their almost like a disfunctional family you may totally ahte the guy but at the same time you have this bond that will never go away for that reason i think the door is always there for a reunion if someone takes a chance and tries to open it up to see whats on the other side

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree neemo. It was life and death on the streets, going from nothing to stardom together...they can have differences over stuff...but they'll surely always feel those links.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the bond with Izzy, and the same for Paul...

They understand WHAT he came from. I don't think any of them could meet him on that level. The same reason he lended a helping hand to Shannon Hoon.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

You never got Reckless Road?  That was a really good book, in my opinion.  Supported by the band, actual stories and quotes from members of the band and those close to them from the early days.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah i gotta get that still

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Reckless Road is excluded from that statement, and unfortunately I have yet to pick that up.

Canter is a good guy, that's one of the few to have seen it from all sides.

Board footer